Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shjm73
Star
Star
Obviously this is a huge problem. 3 of my 4 cameras updated to latest firmware no problem. One camera will not update. I’ve tried everything suggested on other posts. I’ve reset base station, reset camera, uninstalled camera, checked batteries and still nothing. There’s got to be some type of glitch with this new update? Come on Arlo!!
62 REPLIES 62
TamiT
Initiate
Initiate

One of my cameras is also stuck on Firmware update and has been for days. The system has only been installed since November 12, 2018, I have 10 cameras in total and this is the only one stuck. Please advise ASAP. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open and close the battery door and reboot the base. Any Luck?

If not, remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

Speedy69
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought brand new system and got same issue (infinite firmware updates) on my two cameras ... great idea crappy company no support so I hope you go bankrupt soon and I get a class action reimbursememt
alexander_F
Tutor
Tutor

Well, for me a re-start of the base station and the camera worked out fine. It might be advisable to restart your router as well.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Speedy69 

What troubleshooting steps have you previously performed?

HutchKC
Initiate
Initiate

Our power went out for a few hours. When I checked the app a day later, the issue was resolved. Sorry not to be of more help. Still planning on going to a wired solution. 

Shjm73
Star
Star

Sorry,  don’t care anymore. 4 months and no support. Absolutely the worse support I’ve ever tried to get!! Keep getting promises and never any results.

donnafalgout
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried every suggestion and nothing has worked. No response from anyone with Arlo. This is not a way to treat customers. I think I have given more than enough chances to make this right. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @donnafalgout

I have verified your cameras are up to date on the latest firmware. Is there another issue you are currently experiencing?

HiveIntellect
Guide
Guide

Wow. Count me in for the SAME EXACT ISSUE.

The only thing their horrible tech support can tell you is "unplug the device and plug it back in" and "remove battery from camera, re insert battery"

Nothing works. I have one out of 2 cameras stuck in an endless cycle of "Need to update firmware"

Considering this system cost $300 (just checked the receipt) I basically have a $150 brick in the form of a useless camera.

Judging by the DOZENS of exact same problems documented on these forums, the company doesn't care whatsoever about customers and has absolutely no plans to fix the problem. Seems to me like everyone who bought these cameras got hosed.

shkang81
Tutor
Tutor
I have three arlo wire-free cameras, and two of them were automatically updated few days ago, and one of them is stuck with the exact same message. Tried all day yesterday with suggestions from this forum, but nothing works. Battery is fully charged, removed the camera, restarted the base, removed the battery from the camera, added to the base station as a new camera, still stuck with the firmware update message going no where.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While it should happen automatically overnight, it sounds like you've done all you can short of resetting the whole system. I would open a case with support but be aware that the system reset is one of the things they will likely ask you to do. If you do reset, be sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedule to speed rebuilding.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Golfr300
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi.
I got my firmware update to work by removing a working camera power down the base.
Restart boot the base with only the one camera added.
Then add the new out dated camera first and it updated fine.
Then add the third camera in slot three which we know is up to date and that added fine with no update.
All working well.
Good luck.