Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

I have a four-camera ARLO WIRE FREE system.  This morning, I logged in to find all of the camera counters have zeroed out...even though there are still videos and snapshots in my library.

I took pics on two of the four cameras...cameras are working...shows "just now" in bottom left of each shot, BUT THE COUNTER REMAINS AT ZERO.

I rely on the counter numbers each day and overnight as a way to know if there has been any activity to view...  Why have they zeroed out and how do I get the original numbers back?

Plzhelp!

16 REPLIES 16
Schorschi
Prodigy
Prodigy

Plzhelp wrote:

This morning, I logged in to find all of the camera counters have zeroed out...even though there are still videos and snapshots in my library.

Yup, noticed the same thing. Strangely, the counters don't seem to increment any more. I had two videos this morning in the library shortly after 6:30 EST.

jce1497
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine started last night was watching something and it never showed video recordins also very slow reporting, if they are having issues they should send out emails. they do for battery low alerts, whats up netgear

MuddCrabb
Guide
Guide

Yeah I agree they should send out text/emails to let people know when they are having trouble. But then again if somone knows you have this system on your house/property it might also be a green flag for them.

MuddCrabb
Guide
Guide

Oh and by the way they know about this problem and they  (hopefully) are working on it . ......somthing happend this weekend. Outage or crash or some deal.

Plzhelp
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for letting me know...maybe Netgear should hire YOU as the Director of Information !

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of this issue and are working diligently toward a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

CAinCA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine are zeroed out as well and have been for days.  Is there a chance that this will be resolved.  It would be nice if Netgrear would notify the community when issues occur.

Jordandawg05
Guide
Guide

evidently they disabled the counter on purpose.  There was issues with receiving videos /notifications timely and netgears engineers disabled the counters as it was messing with receiving videos timley .  They are aware of this issue and hopefully they'll figure it out.  i could care less personally about the counter as long as i get the videos/notifications instantly - after all this product is suppose to be a security camera !! sigh

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CAinCA,

We are aware of this issue and are working diligently toward a resolution. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this process.

Thank you,

JamesC

rosalie458
Aspirant
Aspirant
It's now February 26th and this issue hasn't been resolved. ..at least for me. Do you have an eta of when this will be fixed. I'm tired of going through each camera to find if there are recordings or not. Thanks.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

While a little bit of a PITA, you can simply select the Library tab rather that checking each camera separately.  At least that gives you a view of all videos at once.  You may also want to temporarily enable push and/or email notifications so you know when/if a video has been created.

rosalie458
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the tip. I don't know why I didn't think of that.
mbazinet
Aspirant
Aspirant

when is the solution to this going to be deployed ?????

dmb584
Aspirant
Aspirant
The counter is still not working. Please update. Since the counter crashed my camera system is not working as well to record motion?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The counter is a known issue and there's nothing we can do about it.  A quick glance at the Library tab will keep you informed for the time being.

There's no known correlation between the counter and motion detection/recording.  The counter was disabled to help the big delays in getting videos and notifications available.  That has nothing to do with detection or recording.  What problems are you seeing?  Be explicit. What have you tried to do to fix the issue?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager
Great news! We have optimized your Arlo media counter to display a count of new media added to your library each time you log in. Our prior media counter implementation displayed a count of ALL media in your library which did not prove to be very informative to most users. This release is our first step in optimizing the media counter. We still have some work to do. 

Currently any time a new recording is triggered by any activity your counter increases by 1. Also you will see your counter reset to zero when you visit the library, or you click on the counter on any of the cameras to go into library.

The Arlo team is committed on further improving this area in subsequent releases.   

Thank you,
Arlo Team