Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 21 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
utdbackfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one of my cameras that is duplicated (listed twice) in my mode section. How do I remove one of them. I've tried editing both to identical settings but the motion detection is not working. I'm thinking it is due to the camera being listed twice and having two sets of settings for the same camera. I can't find any way to remove one of them in modes only removing the camera entirely.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in iOS app version 2.3.2 please visit the app store and update your Arlo mobile app to this latest version.

JamesC

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

To remove one,  Goto SETTINGS, pick camera, go to bottom of page, REMOVE DEVICE

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
utdbackfan
Aspirant
Aspirant

The camera is only listed once under settings. It's not duplicated there, it's only duplicated under the modes screen. If I remove it from the settings screen will it remove both from the modes screen and then I just have to readd it?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If you REMOVE DEVICE, it should also remove it from the modes

Morse is faster than texting!
Scomas
Guide
Guide
Just got mine today and and the same problem. I have 4 cameras and they are all duplicated, so it shows I have 8 in the ap. At first only 4 of them would be active on the ap so I renamed the 4 that worked and the next time I launched the ap, it automatically renamed the other 4 cameras to the exact same name as the first 4. I tried deleting one of each device in Setting and going to Delete Device but that didn't work and I had delete all of them and re-sync all 4 cameras again. However, It did the same thing as before and duplicated my 4 cameras so it shows I have 8.
REALM
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any fix to this yet?

I got the same thing twice now my first 2 days in a row of using them.

Day 1:

3 cameras duplicated to 6.

Tried logging in/out, resetting, etc. Nothing worked.

Deleted them all and started all over.

Day 2:

3 cameras duplicated to 6, very annoying.

Logged in/out and this worked and back to the 3.

Guessing some type of bug.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is currently under investigation by the engineering team. I will post an update as soon as I have more information. We appreciate your patience in this process.

JamesC

Deanla
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I've also had this problem since the latest software update.
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Woke up today and all my cameras duplicated. Tried rebooting the hub but it didn't help.
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Deleted the iOS app and reinstalled and its back to normal.
MThomasB
Aspirant
Aspirant
After the last software update, all 3 of my cameras appeared twice. I removed each one from the Base Station and re-installed them. The duplicate screen shots disappeared.
Scomas
Guide
Guide
The first thing I tried was removing my cameras from the base station and initially the duplicates went away, but they eventually came back.
manofice
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
No way I'm taking them down and deleting them and readding. Very shortly after reinstalling the app, the duplicates come right back.
marks1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue.  I’ve tried deleting the app off my phone and also deleted/reinstalled all the cameras.  It worked for about 12 hours and then all cameras started to show a duplicate screen again.  Hoping the Netgear team sorts this out in a timely manner.

OnABender
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm guessing it started with the December 26 update. It doesn't seem to be affecting my motion detection, but is slowing down connections for live view.
Goldzulu
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update on this issue? I also see duplicates. Also my batteries show dead in the app for one of my cameras even though they are new. I cannot view my cameras live either. The whole iOS app seems to be broken. I am using an iPhone 7plus with the most recent updates installed.
OnABender
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried deleting each of the duplicate cameras. Bad idea. It ended up deleting the whole camera. I reinstalled the app and had to re-connect all of the cameras to the base station. PITA. Then I had to re- set my rules.

Whatever they did with the update it really messes things up.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue is still being investigated by the engineering team. Please do not attempt to remove the duplicate cameras as this does not resolve the issue. Some users have reported having success by uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and downloading a fresh version from the app store. I will post an update when I have more information.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience,
JamesC

BobCon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been having the same problem for several days now. Today in settings under my devices everything duplicated including the base station. The second base station shows duplicate( 8)cameras as well. I am running iOS 10.2 and Arlo version 2.3.1
Ed1973
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same issue today. So rebooted the system using settings then removed all cameras and re-synced them and looks good now. Hope it doesn't happen again.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved in iOS app version 2.3.2 please visit the app store and update your Arlo mobile app to this latest version.

JamesC

BobCon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed the new app and everything appears to be working fine. Thanks for the fix!