Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware update killed my batteries?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
JBFX
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi there,

Last week, one of my two cameras wouldn't connect. When I went into settings, it said there was a firmware update in progress and not to remove the batteries. 3 days later, it was still the same. I tried removing the device, but when I added it, it still had the same message. So I finally decided to remove the batteries and put them back in, and once it found the device, the batteries were showing empty and that they would need to be replaced. They were showing full before the "firmware update" and the other camera batteries are still showing full.

Firstly, has this happened to anyone else?

Secondly, I'm a little bit annoyed, the batteries aren't that cheap. =/

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JBFX,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

Frnkbonz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue... i went through 16 batteries because it automatically tries to update and with the distance it causes me to burn through batteries
Frnkbonz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have to climb ladders all over my house to get these cameras down and literally put the cameras near the base so if can update. To be honest, we should have the option to turn off auto updates.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Not a good idea. Bug fixes and enhancements are in the updates. Yes, sometimes other bugs get through but not always.