Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo help on phone with real person, not text! Wait time too long!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MoxeeMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

All six cameras worked yesterday when set uo with PC. Added iPhone app today and ran test. Now only three cameras work. Two say "update firmware", whatever the hell that means. Other one says "offline." There is no MANUAL that explains all this terminology and process.

Took forever to locate a phone number to call. Finally found one and put on hold over 30 minutes. Does anyone actually have customer service anymore without wearing out my thumbs? I hate texting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check with the PC again - is that working ok?  

Update firmware means just that - the firmware for the various devices is old and needs the new stuff installed.  Normally, this occurs overnight - did it for you?  If not, sometimes power cycling the base helps force the updates.  You can also manually update in Settings, My Devices, any device that tells you an update is available, Device Info, Firmware.  However, I've only had limited success using the latter.

Also, the iOS app is having issues these days.  A browser will work best as a workaround.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check with the PC again - is that working ok?  

Update firmware means just that - the firmware for the various devices is old and needs the new stuff installed.  Normally, this occurs overnight - did it for you?  If not, sometimes power cycling the base helps force the updates.  You can also manually update in Settings, My Devices, any device that tells you an update is available, Device Info, Firmware.  However, I've only had limited success using the latter.

Also, the iOS app is having issues these days.  A browser will work best as a workaround.

MoxeeMan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Problem seems to be solved for now. Thanks to commenters.