Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Beezee
Guide
Guide
Hi, Arlo Support! One of our five cameras stopped working yesterday after I replaced the batteries. It appears to be a problem with the magnetic hold inside the battery compartment. Two out of four batteries move around around and make noise if you slightly jiggle the camera. This never used to happen. The two batteries closest to the magnet sit firmly in the compartments; the farthest two batteries seem to move around and never really get firmly set into their areas and onto the contacts. The camera was working perfectly until I got a low battery notification, and went to change the batteries.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beezee
Guide
Guide
I fixed it by wedging in a little piece of plastic in between the battery pairs!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Beezee
Guide
Guide

Beezee
Guide
Guide
When I say the camera "doesn't work", the batteries never provide power to the camera ... the batteries farthest away from the mounting magnet keep being pulled off the contacts by the power of the mounting magnet. It's weird!
Beezee
Guide
Guide
I fixed it by wedging in a little piece of plastic in between the battery pairs!
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using OEM batteries?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What brand batteries?  Rechargeable or not?  What batteries worked fine originally?  Having to wedge in a piece of plastic isn't normal.

Beezee
Guide
Guide
Wrong batteries were sent by the Amazon seller, CR2s vs CR123s from Tenergy. They look almost identical, as I got the correct ones today. All is well with Arlo now!
Shaneo400
Initiate
Initiate
I replaced my battery's in my four arlo cameras and now I Carnt get a live feed pls help
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try power cycling the base as well as trying both the app and browser.  Sometimes logging out and back in helps.

Angelarie3
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've done all of the above & it is not working.
Angelarie3
Aspirant
Aspirant
For what we pay for these cameras, that's not really an acceptable solution. Though I did Try that & it's not working still
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry, not sure exactly what you're referring to.  What steps have you tried? Fresh batteries? what are the symptoms - can you live view, etc.?

Angelarie3
Aspirant
Aspirant
What I'm referring to is the customer who replaced the batteries & needed to wedge in apiece of plastic to make it work bc they said the batteries sounded loose. So do mine. They are brand new & the correct ones. I have no feed. Just a camera that says it needs new batteries on a green screen.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Angelarie3 wrote:
What I'm referring to is the customer who replaced the batteries & needed to wedge in apiece of plastic to make it work bc they said the batteries sounded loose. So do mine. They are brand new & the correct ones. I have no feed. Just a camera that says it needs new batteries on a green screen.

That USER you mentioned had purchase the wrong batteries... that's why they were loose.

the OEM type are CR123 batteries, lithium; one use ( not rechargeable )

sometimes labeled as CR123, CR123a, 123

see post;

Wrong batteries were sent by the Amazon seller, CR2s vs CR123s from Tenergy. They look almost identical, as I got the correct ones today. All is well with Arlo now!

uniontel
Initiate
Initiate

I have replaced 4 new batteries but still not work. Screen say "It's time to change your batteries".

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Go in to SETTINGS, pick the camera, and use REMOVE DEVICE 

open and close battery door

bring camera back as new ( resync)