Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

galevelasco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted it because one of the cameras would not connect. The base station shows a solid amber light. I reset my router and Arlo multiple times. Any more ideas why it won't connect? Thanks

429 REPLIES 429
Sk42
Initiate
Initiate
48957978a04b4
I held down the sync and the reset . It didn't help.
Rcunning90
Tutor
Tutor
Major server outrage with arlo. Read above posts. Everyone dealing with same issue. Some people have had it resolved but not all servers are back up apparently
DarthTodd
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue here. Deal at Costco and brought it home to set it up before we leave for the holidays. Not overwhelmed with confidence here.. Will be waiting with everyone else to see how they handle. Just wanted to add to the voices so they know the extent of the strife it caused.
DuaneBerta
Guide
Guide

Well, don't return the cameras just yet. I have had mine since 12/2015 and have never had an issue like this. I am assuming from what I am reading that there were great Black Friday deals. The excess load of new users must have crashed the server. I have had three attempted burglaries, so the cameras have paid themselves off by helping me notify police and prevent the bad guys from getting into my home.

fufuworm
Initiate
Initiate

I bought the Costco deal today and I experiened a lot of pain; I wasted my whole night for this crappy installation, searched millions of google results, and reset my internet router/wi-fi several times until I finally read this post.

IT'S A SHAME FOR ARLO to fail the customers in this manner. 

SecurityForUS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish I read this 4hours ago, it would have saved me a whole lot of frustration.  It's not just Arlo, but other camera systems as well.  I hope they fix it soon, my wife won't leave the house without it fixed.

parthapc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Bought the new unit (VMB4000) from Costco. The base station doesn't connect to the internet. Tried to reset while holding down the sync button. Nothing worked. Please advise.

2shar
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems my camera's went down just now. Tried rebooting the base station and got an amber light for Internet; tried a hard reset still amber light. Not connecting to the internet but i have other computers and devices connected to the house. Is there an update on this issue with Arlo? 

Audi99a4
Tutor
Tutor

So I see that some users that have had these cameras for a few years haven't had issues with the server going down.  But I just googled "arlo server down" and seeing a few hits and also forum comments filled with frustration.  It seems to have happened a few times recently, so I'm guessing this isn't new and it was bound to happen with getting slammed on black friday.    

I will give this a few days, hoping I will be able to set the cameras up and give it a try, but this is a terrible first impression.  

ccd8419
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here.  Been on hold with the support for over an hour. 

Brianflys
Guide
Guide
Hey folks,
I have had the yellow Internet light for hours. But just for kicks I opened the Arlo app on my phone. It opened with the message on each camera screen saying it had no connectivity. But then it switched to the normal view and the green light on the base came on. Coincidence? Not sure, but my base is connected now (did an unplug,-plug reset an hour ago. ). Maybe give you app a try after a reset, even if you have the yellow light...
Drmsa
Aspirant
Aspirant
It seems to be working again now.
DuaneBerta
Guide
Guide
Back online here. I removed one base station during troubleshooting. I can't get it back online. At least the back of my house is under surveillance. Good luck all.
DuaneBerta
Guide
Guide
Nevermind, can't get in app again like earlier today, but Internet is connected, lol. What a bummer...
hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It's continuing to get worse, and now I can't login at all.  "We are sorry, The system is experiencing an unexpected issue."

ZURV4N
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm tired of waiting.  Returning the unit to Costco tomorrow, and buying Ring cameras.

ThePOLATs
Tutor
Tutor
Did anyone get an update from Netgear
Drmsa
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not working again now. Unable to access using the Arlo app once again. But cameras are active.
Have been using Arlo for over 2 years and never faced anything like this.
Quite surprised by poor response from Netgear in general. They should update the customer regularly. Unfortunately only getting haphazard responses after complaining on Twitter.
ThePOLATs
Tutor
Tutor
Just had an live chat with support and they said the maintenance is still on going. They will release an mail when done
Rcunning90
Tutor
Tutor
Mine is fixed. After a little over 12 hrs down.
ThePOLATs
Tutor
Tutor
Mine has been fixed as well
ScottM408
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem.  Did the two kinds of factory reset.  I have it hard wired to my eero base station and my eero app shows it's connected and has its own IP address.  In fact, it shows a little data going up/down.   No matter what, I can't get hte Arlo app to find the base station (and yes, I'm on the same network).  Fiddled with it for an hour or so and went to bed.

Got up this morning and the base station had beeni discovered!  Started the registration process and when I hit submit, I get an error message that says "We are sorry, The (sic) system is experiencing an unexpected issue."

Horsefly
Tutor
Tutor

When I woke up this morning mine had connected!  Based on some of the comments here, I'll assume that this is a rare occurrence, and that I had extremely bad luck with Netgear hitting a rough patch right when I plugged in my new unit. I'm saving the boxes and stuff, in case it wasn't so rare, in the event I have to take it all back to Costco.

Fingers crossed!

RichRen
Aspirant
Aspirant

After getting these on a Black Friday sale and spending 4 hours trying to get the base to connect to the internet, I finally thought to google this issue.  I read the comments on this site, (and Twitter) and realized it was on the Arlo/NetGear side for the issue.

I assume that the servers were back online this morning as I was able to connect to the internet and sync the cameras.

Painful, but happy to get them running.  Last night, I was minutes away from packing it all up and returning it.

Brianflys
Guide
Guide
Back up none too soon! Glad the base started working again last night. Caught a scumbag prowling my car at 3:40am this morning. Pro camera worked ok with light over garage. May want to upgrade to the Pro 2. Police report made.