Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Base station will not connect to internet

galevelasco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted it because one of the cameras would not connect. The base station shows a solid amber light. I reset my router and Arlo multiple times. Any more ideas why it won't connect? Thanks

429 REPLIES 429
jhartgt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I own the Router and have enabled ports forwarding but still have a issue...amber light only on arlo base !!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm guessing you mean the Internet LED is amber but you still haven't specified so we're sure.

If the router ports are open, then it's possible the the ISP is blocking something somewhere. It's also possible that the router has an issue. It may be useful to factory reset the router and reconfigure it - by default, all ports should be open.

jhartgt1
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is nothing wrong with this router   I have spent hours messing with this.... Ive done everything everyone suggest....to have to factory reset my home router is ridiculous at this point....

brh
Master
Master

@jhartgt1

If you can, I think I would return the system and swap it for another one. If the new one works then we know it was a defective base, if the new one doesn't work, then we'll have to do more troubleshooting.

Brian

banking
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try turning off all the cameras first, if you are unable to turn off the cameras using the Arlo Website, then you may have to remove the batteries and/or charging block from the cameras.

Once you are done with removing the batteries and/or charging block from the cameras, then pause for 5 minutes.

Next, turn off the Base Station and pause for 5 minutes.

Next, turn on the Base Station and pause for 5 minutes, you need to give it time to fully boot up.

Finally, return all batteries and/or charging blocks to your cameras and then turn them on.

- If the steps above do not work then the issue modem and/or router. If you have a modem and router, make sure the BRIDGE MODE is On in the modem.
- Check the ethernet cable from the back of the Base Station to the modem or router, make sure it is not damaged.