Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

galevelasco
Aspirant
Aspirant

I restarted it because one of the cameras would not connect. The base station shows a solid amber light. I reset my router and Arlo multiple times. Any more ideas why it won't connect? Thanks

429 REPLIES 429
PCRABILL
Tutor
Tutor

I had tried all of those.  Tried plugging directly into the modem, with two different cables. Nothing works.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

PCRABILL,

When you plug the base station into the router, do you see an activity light on the router for the port you are plugged in to? Are any other devices working when using a wired connection to your router?

JamesC

PCRABILL
Tutor
Tutor

Yes the activity light is on and all the other devices are working.  I have tried everything I can think of.  

Changing cables, plugging directly into the modem.  Using ports on the router that were used by other devices.  The led just doesn't come on.

Could it be a defective base station???

PCRABILL
Tutor
Tutor

Went and purchased another unit and that one is up and running.  so there must have been a problem with the other base station.

I do have a question.  Can i send a text to my phone when a motion is detected, along with the video to my email.

Thanks for all of your help

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not a text but there are app notifications that are enabled by default when you install the app.  If you really want a text, TomMac has a procedure to do so although there's a little bit of setup required.

Argieg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. I'm having the same problem, and have done everything that you said.

Argieg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did it, and nothing.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Argieg,

What is the behavior of the internet LED on your base station (green,amber, unlit)?  To further isolate the issue, consider swapping the ethernet cable and the port in which the base station is connected. Let us know!

JamesC

Argieg
Aspirant
Aspirant

The light is amber. I change the cables, the ports. I even use a laptop using the same cable and port and it did connected to the internet.

PCRABILL
Tutor
Tutor

I tried everything possible with the base station worked.

Took the product back and got another one and everything is working fine.  Have had it up and running for about 5-7 days, with no issues.

Problem was with the base station itself.

Argieg
Aspirant
Aspirant

PCRABILL

I already did that.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Argieg,

It sounds like something within your router/ISP is blocking the base stations communication with the Arlo servers. Take a look at this article that outlines the requirements for Arlo to connect to the servers: My Arlo base station is offline; how can I troubleshoot It?

Mainly, check your router settings to make sure the appropriate ports (80 and 443) are open.

Let us know if this helps!

JamesC

lancee
Aspirant
Aspirant

After almost one year and 18 pages of 'Base station will not connect to internet' I am surprised that the issue still has not been resolved.

With windows 8.1 I have the same problem, but with Linux Mint and with my Ipad,everything goes well.

May be Microsoft should be involved.

Frederik Lancee

imuscle
Aspirant
Aspirant
Out of town...my roommate is at my house and says internet working well. HOWEVER my arlo system not connected...says no internet connection...so all 12 cameras down...again...happened before...with no resolution...came back on by itself last time but not until after 4 hours...whaymt kind of surveillance is that? Giving a 1 star rating on all sites...also posting on department of consumer affairs as a system not to buy...
rossmic
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone found a solution to this? We just purchased a system and it won't connect to the internet. We are even using a net gear router
BobS
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried the factory reset whilst holding down the sync button - no change.

I am not seeing any change at all when I press the reset button is that would normally happens?.

Currently I have only one green light and no others, however in an hour so that will probably change to two or three green lights.

The core problem I have is that not one of the 8 cameras will sync to the base station and the base station spends most of its time complaining it is not connected to the internet.

Model   VMB3000

Vers.     1.10.5.708_10299     10 / 8 / 15

#48D1537EA0826

For me this issue is rapidly becoming strike 3 in relation to Arlo products, having gone through the red eye and other painful issues I am well and truely over it with the relability of this equipment. Anybody want buy 9 cameras and two base stations?

If this was not the worse time of the year to do business I would call a security company and replace everything with a commecial grade networked system with raided storage and people who can maintain it in a reasobnable timeframe.

Yet another reminder you get what you pay for.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe a bad base station - trouble ticket time.  Also, make sure you can feel the reset button actually operate - perhaps it's not exactly in position and your paper clip missed it.

Aspirant
Aspirant

Model VMB3000

Serial 48935B7TA0957 Base station

Tried all the online fixes and still cannot get base station to connect.

Tired of working so hard on this

ChristineT wrote:

@Snakes01 - Yes, we are looking into this issue but are unable to replicate this in-house. We hope to get a better understanding of this issue and why it is affecting some users but not all.

When you did a factory reset did you also hold down the sync button while doing a factory reset? Can someone who's system is still not working try this and let me know if this resolves the issue? If doing a factory reset does not resolve the issue can someone provide a serial number so we can investigate the logs specific to that device. This will greatly improve our ability to pin point the root cause of this issue more quickly.

Thank you one and all for your valuable contributions!

Best Regards,

Christine

NETGEAR - Arlo Technical Support

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you getting an error message during registration or were you able to create your account and add the base station? What is the behavior of the internet LED on your base station?

JamesC

Argieg
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for everything.

What I did was to take the base to my son's house in Virginia and connected it. It worked fine. Then when I returned to Puerto Rico connected to my router and HURRAY it worked. Now I have 5 cameras connected to the base.

Leira
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo worked until mid-December, but after that it has been unable to connect to the internet.

I have opened port 80 and 443 and tried all the tips that I have found online, but still no luck.

Model VMB3000

Serial 48E2547GA082E Base station

Using Inteno DG301

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First step would be power reset using the power button. Check the LEDs on the front of the base. Are all three lit? What color are they? Consider a factory reset but be aware that you'll need to re-sync your cameras after re-adding the base.

Argieg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I already found what to do.

After done all you said I went to the web site and there is a button that says "Reactivate", and Aleyuya, it worked. 

Bebe22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Support.

My serial is  48935872A602D  MAC   506A03AE7DBD

I spent way to much money for this to not work out of the box, and distressing to hear all the other similar problems.

Please advise.

Be

mickael_rd
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue for me ! Everything was working fine but since few month, i'm not able to connect and the internet light still amber. I reset everything, it was working fine few days after, and now, it doesn't work 😞

Serial : 4891517BA1B56

Mac address : C0FFD48ED231