Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jvsmitty
Follower
Follower

Hello-I'm brand new to the Arlo community. I have two questions;

1.) Does Arlo only record 10 seconds? What if the motion it is recording lasts longer than 10 seconds? I understand it records in 10 second increments, but does it record beyond the first 10 seconds of motion?

2.) I have the app on my phone, my question is can I add the app to a second phone so two people/phones can be notified when push notifications are sent? 

Thank you in advance for any help and / or insight.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

1) You can choose between 10-120 seconds of recording time. You need to edit the camera RULE for the MODE you're wanting it to be recorded in. Press the > sign next to the recording setting.

2) I don't actually know. LOL. Sorry. Tom or JG will hopefully be along soon 😉

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

1) You can choose between 10-120 seconds of recording time. You need to edit the camera RULE for the MODE you're wanting it to be recorded in. Press the > sign next to the recording setting.

2) I don't actually know. LOL. Sorry. Tom or JG will hopefully be along soon 😉

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
#2 - yes. The notification should be sent to anyone withe the app installed as long as you don't explicitly log out of the app. Just let it run in the background.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

As A PS... If two users get an alert and try to log on at the same time ( with the primary id/pw ) one will be bumped offf as only one primary user is allowed at a time.

In order for both to use that account at the same time , the second user must be granted access ( SETTINGS>GRANT ACCESS )  This will allow both phones to view ast same time.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------