Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Gizzygone
Star
Star
I just installed an Arlo security system in my house. I have two cameras on the front: one on the left side facing right, and one on the right side facing left.

Motion capture seems to be very inconsistent: even with moving the cameras and messing with sensitivity:

My garage mounted camera, facing left, does a decent job, although cars are halfway up the driveway before it records (and some recordings start out granulated for a good 3 seconds, so you miss some action).

The house mounted camera stinks: it'll start recording with clouds on the horizon, but a flock of turkeys came by (captured by the garage cam), and it caught nothing. It's mounted in a way that I can't get perfect left to right motion capture, but more of a upper left to lower right motion.

Any suggestions?
The garage cam has all but 1 bar of signal, the house cam shows full strength.
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Gizzygone,

Due to the many variables in each users environment, it can take some trial and error to find the best conditions for your Arlo system.

Take a look at this article outlining best performance tips for optimizing motion detection: Optimizing motion detection performance on Arlo Wire-Free cameras

JamesC

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I just installed an Arlo security system in my house. I have two cameras on the front: one on the left side facing right, and one on the right side facing left.

After you get the false triggers down a bit ( try and not to cover to much area at one time ) you might consider using a dual trigger for  2 cams.

rules;

Cam A detects / records on A

Cam A detects / records on B

Cam B detects / records on B

Cam B detects / records on A

you get 2 recordings, one from each side

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Gizzygone
Star
Star
I didn't realize this was an option: I set it up, but I still don't get consistent recording from the house cam: do the settings on each rule have to match exactly?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Gizzygone wrote:
I didn't realize this was an option: I set it up, but I still don't get consistent recording from the house cam: do the settings on each rule have to match exactly?

No, the record times can be a bit different I would guess ( tho mine are the same )... there are a number of threads on this... just make sure the rules are on in he mode properly.

I label my cams rules like :  Front 1/1, Front 1/2, Front 2/2, Front 2/1

Thats so when I look at the rule I know the cam and what it's doing ...

Morse is faster than texting!
Gizzygone
Star
Star
Looks like the new app update killed my rules? I can't seem to add a new rule so that it records both cameras in action?
Gizzygone
Star
Star
Scratch that: you have to make a custom rule for it to work....