Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Option to adjust recording time is no longer available after app update today.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
CrimsonD
Tutor
Tutor
The new UI is better however I no longer have the option to adjust my recording time on each camera. I was amazed at the lack of communication provided during this systems and application upgrade. Did your engineers do any pre-release testing and regression testing before turning this thing loose? As an IT engineer for an international corporation (for the past 15 years), I would rate this release to production a complete failure by all standards currently used for global product releases.
I like the product but your due diligence is lacking from a professional perspective.

Thanks,

Richard
6 REPLIES 6
CrimsonD
Tutor
Tutor

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Installation/NEW-Browser-software/m-p/1023460#U1023460

( try and keep replies above to stop them from being all over the place )

looks like you can get to the rules from the modes... click mode you want, click edit , and it opens to all the rules, and there is an edit option for the rules

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CrimsonD
Tutor
Tutor
I received a reply from Arlo stating that they no longer offer the ability to change the recording time with the new app update made today. Unfortunately that is a key feature. My opinion is that the company is removing features that are critical as a crime prevention tool. No benefit to this product now when compared to other wireless security systems.
shtmy14
Aspirant
Aspirant
VERY disappointed in the fact I can no longer adjust the recording time. Thinking of returning this system, as it makes NO SENSE that they take away key features!! Very frustrated at this moment
texbeau
Apprentice
Apprentice
You CAN adjust recording time. It's all in the Mode area now. You just have to click more to get to it.
ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello @shtmy14,

Check out the following thread where I posted the instructions along with screen shots that can also apply to the mobile app (for the most part).

Setting Motion Detection Video Clip Duration to 60 Seconds

Please let us know if you need further assistance in configuring this feature. We are happy to help! 

Thank you for your post! 

Christine

____
Please click KUDOS or REPLY if you found this helpful.