Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can't Turn Motion On/Off on Android App

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
yessharp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi
Right from initial setup 2 weeks ago until now, I can only turn my "All Motion On/All Motion Off" MODE "on" and "off" on my PC at home. I can do just about everything on my Samsung phone app, except turn the Mode On and Off, which is anoying because I would like to turn the motion detectors off on my phone when I am approaching home or turn them on when I am away from home. On the phone when I try to change Modes I just get the "turning circle". Advise from anyone would be much appreciated thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yessharp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been great for a while now, especially when they updated the android App. Extremely happy with the product now, especially now that you can buy rechargable batteries and a charger.  You can buy 12 normal "Arlo Sized" batteries on the net  for about $20 which I found were quite good, but the rechargables are even better

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the app.  Might help but no guarantees.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When running Android... I get a failure to log-in ( turning circle ) only when my data is turned off AND I have a weak wifi signal. ( with LG phone 4.1.2 os )

So, i would suggest checking these settings.

Also, as stated above, a delete restall may help  ( as you are saying all is fine on the PC )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Hula_Rock
Prodigy Prodigy
Prodigy

yessharp wrote:

Hi
Right from initial setup 2 weeks ago until now, I can only turn my "All Motion On/All Motion Off" MODE "on" and "off" on my PC at home. I can do just about everything on my Samsung phone app, except turn the Mode On and Off, which is anoying because I would like to turn the motion detectors off on my phone when I am approaching home or turn them on when I am away from home. On the phone when I try to change Modes I just get the "turning circle". Advise from anyone would be much appreciated thanks

Go to your task mananger on your phone and kill the app, then relaunch it .

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Try clearing cache and restart.

-Robert
yessharp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Robert for your time and for your answer but that didn't work, Cheers mate

yessharp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cheers for that reply and I should have thought of that myself,  But I tried doing the app reinstall and it is still the same with the dreaded turning circle

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

yessharp wrote:

Thanks Robert for your time and for your answer but that didn't work, Cheers mate

You're welcome, sorry that did not work. 

You may have already tried this but if you haven't, did you try while you're at home connected to your wireless?  If you only tried it from away, while connected to your phone carrier, you're router may be blocking a port that allows you to get to the base.

-Robert
yessharp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your time TomMac, but no luck.   i'm new with a "smartphone" as well, so still getting my head around that as well, but I'm getting there

yessharp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks again Robert!  Much Appreciated mate.   Yeh, it does the same when I'm at home using WiFi.   Iv'e tried all suugestions from you nice people, still no luck.  At least I can set the motion on my PC before I leave home for work.    There must be some other setting on the phone which I've missed and which I'll work on.  no big drama anyway, as it works well , apart from that little glitch. CHEERS

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

My last glich on an Adroid phone required me to clear cache, force stop of app and reboot the phone ( on - full off- on ).

Phones are computers too and do crazy things at times.  Good luck.

Morse is faster than texting!
lsuvince
Aspirant
Aspirant
Stupid android bug. I went ahead and forced desktop mode on my phone before toggling motion option from there instead of being able to do it through the app.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

lsuvince,

Consider deleting and reinstalling the Arlo mobile app. Let me know if you're still having any issues switching modes.

JamesC

yessharp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Been great for a while now, especially when they updated the android App. Extremely happy with the product now, especially now that you can buy rechargable batteries and a charger.  You can buy 12 normal "Arlo Sized" batteries on the net  for about $20 which I found were quite good, but the rechargables are even better