Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
Mstoller71
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have one original Arlo camera (4 others are Arlo Pros). Today the original camera went off line requesting a firmware update. I hit the update button and nothing happens. Camera stays offline requesting an update. When I hit the button to update I hear the camera click but the app returns to update firmware as if nothing happened. I have taken out the batteries and replaced several times. Removed the camera and set it back up. Still no good.

hardware - H7

New Firmware 1.3.319 Which by the way the camera reports is already installed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sjb
Initiate
Initiate

Rebooted base (VMB4000), waited for green lights than opened and closed camera battery compartment. Selected the update which worked!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try opening and closing the battery door. Also, be sure the batteries are good since low battery will cause the update to fail.

Mstoller71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you,

Opened and closed many times. Batteries are new, just changed them

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync. You'll need to re-add the camera to any custom modes.

Mstoller71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did that multiple times. Still no good. Also I have several of these original Arlo Cameras so I tried with the other ones that I don’t use anymore. They all fail to update firmware. New Arlo Pros are fine

sjb
Initiate
Initiate

The device screen has an update notice for a firmware update.  Clicked "Update Camera" then yes to "Do you want to update your (camera name) to 1.3.319?" It just comes back to the orignal request.

sjb
Initiate
Initiate

Rebooted base (VMB4000), waited for green lights than opened and closed camera battery compartment. Selected the update which worked!

Mstoller71
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you my friend. That worked, problem solved!

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Same problem this morning with the original Arlo setup. I had to manually keep retrying and then eventually successful. This happened before for years too. Also, its base station frozen after I woke up this morning. I had to power cycle it (power button). 😞

arlobroke
Tutor
Tutor

been trying to do updates all morning...keeps saying I need to update....won't update. reset the base multiple times. NOBODY on chat...been on hold for 45 minutes....why? Oh, India, where I can barely understand a thing they say...lovely....

GetbackJoe
Initiate
Initiate

I wrestled with a firmware update for two days.  It kept going offline halfway through the update and never completing it.  I finally just "Removed Device" on the base station and cameras.  Re-installed the base station like it was brand new, then re-synced the cameras to the base station just like when I first bought the system.  The firmware update completed and the whole thing took about 30 minutes versus two days of BS.  

SherrieMoe
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SherrieMoe

Have you rebooted the base station & tried the update again?

R-o-n
Aspirant
Aspirant
My third camera will not work unless it is plugged in.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@R-o-n

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

ih82bpoor
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue!
giangdo
Aspirant
Aspirant
VM3000