Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Base station (VMB4000) all of a sudden has amber light cant get it back online

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jnozawa
Follower
Follower

Hello Arlo Community,

I am having issues with my arlo base station. It was working perfectly fine this morning and all of a sudden it turned to one amber light. My internet is working fine, everything is normal... I tried the following (and it still does not work!) please help!!

Tried the steps below... but still does not work... even when I do a hard reset with the paper clip for 30 secs + nothing happens...:

1. Make sure that your home router is giving internet connection down to the through ethernet cable. So please connect a PC via ethernet cable to your router then check if you can go online.
2. Log in to your arlo app. Go to settings>my devices>select the base station>remove device
3. Unplug the base station from the power outlet then unplug your router from the power outlet. Wait for 1 minute. Plug in the router first then wait until it reboots then plug in the base station wait for 3 to 5 minutes until you see green lights on the base station
3. If the green lights will appear, go to DEVICES on your app and tap Add Device then select the base station. If the base station is not there alone then select Arlo Wirefree. Follow the installation process
4. If the base station did not lit green, or the others lit green but the internet light is not green, press and hold the reset button for exactly 30 seconds. Wait for 4-6 minutes. If you can 2 green lights from left turns green then go to ADD DEVICE, select the base station then follow the installation process.

Please help as the above tips did not work....

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jnozawa

Have you contacted customer support with this issue? They will be able to further assist you. Arlo Tech Support