Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo camera fails firmware update

Discussion stats
  • 29 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
baarnett
Aspirant
Aspirant

Following previous posts; I've unpluged base station, waited several minutes, plugged back in.  All 4 of my cameras re-sync'd and came back online.  The 5th one didn't, again...  It has been prompting to update firmware for a month.  Every time I try, it fails.  I've changed batteries and tried to reconnect it to the base station.  Last night I recycled base station again, waited overnight with camera on and ready but nothing automatic happened.  I tried the update firmware again and it failed.  What now?

29 REPLIES 29
steve_t
Master Master
Master

wrote:

I can't return the system as don't have original box.  (only cut barcode from box)

If it's faulty as you've reported it has been, you shouldn't need the box. I've returned cameras and systems without the box before

vilate
Aspirant
Aspirant

To clarify, do I return to Home Depot or Mfg., Arlo?  The customer service number that was given is it for which company?

Thank you.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You bought it from Home Depot so that's where you return it. Otherwise open a case with support here and invoke the warranty for replacement.

vilate
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the advantage of Arlo Pro 2 over Arlo Pro?  Not sure which to purchase?  Are cameras the same, therefore chargeable with the charger I have for Pro in 2nd home?

brh
Master
Master

@vilate

Here is an article that describes the differences.

https://smartrobotichome.com/arlo-pro-vs-arlo-pro-2-differences/

Brian