Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Cw7
Guide
Guide

I have the wirelss base station and 5 cameras. One camera is recording normally and I can view the recording in the app, but the app is showing all 5 cameras offline. I have reset the modem and the base unit but nothing changes. All three green leds on the base are burnng steady. How do I get the app to work again?

87 REPLIES 87
jmmachg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am experiencing the same issue with my Arlo Plus base station and my Arlo Q Plus, my regular Arlo Q shows normal.  Rebooted EVERYTHING several times, same thing.

Algis
Initiate
Initiate

Yes I am having trouble with the same thing......system online 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open cases with support. More cases gets more awareness.

Dieselbgood
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes mine are showing offline too. But still alerting me and recording. WTF?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open cases with support.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Open cases with support.

Cgrzincic
Initiate
Initiate
Opened a case a couple hours ago, waiting for. a response from support.
NewtoArlo2K17
Star
Star

Yes, for about 4 hours. Net is working and connected, all three lights are on (green) yet it insists "Your Arlo device appears offline"

robatolla
Aspirant
Aspirant
LGT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Status never updates. Can't watch cameras live but they are recording to library.
Cw7
Guide
Guide

Thank you for your reply but the app still does not work.

rjhelmke
Guide
Guide

My Arlo app says "your arlo device appears offline". It was fine this morning, offline this evening. I have not changed anything. I have 3 green leds on the base station and the cameras are still reporting motion. I tried calling support but the wait time is 45 min, figures.

Did Netgear do something today to break systems?

Cw7
Guide
Guide

I just logged in to Arlo with my computer and it also says the devces are offline. I believe it is a Netgear problem.

I have opened a case.

The-Wall
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have VMB3010r2 and I have the same problem. One of the cameras recorded just one second of video instead of its preset time. Restarted the basestation but no luck. The basestation light indicates its connected to the internet. The router sees it being connected. Other wired devices are able to access the internet. No changes in network configuration on our end.

Considering all other Arlo devices (Pro, Q, Baby) are reporting the same issue, this is an outage on Arlo's end. What are your SLAs?

rjhelmke
Guide
Guide

I do agree its a Netgear issue, why no post from Netgear and why do they not have a system status page? If anyone else is seeing the "offline" message, please post so Netgear can realize this. I sure hope they do not make me add my cameras back, that would be a big hassle!

mbruno91
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a new, upgraded router from Frontier FIOS. Everything is connected just as it was before. The green lights for power and Internet are lit up green, and I can sync cameras to the unit. The base station will NOT connect to the app, or the web interface. I've tried unplugging it, resetting it, nothing works. Everything worked perfectly fine before switching out the router. I can't think of anything else that it could be. Now I've got a $300 pile of bricks. How can I fix this? 

mikeh1318
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine are doing the same thing

Waveoquai
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been experiencing the same thing also. I tried rebooting the base, router and still is getting the same issue. Other than checking the camera live everything else appears to be working as normal. I guess tomorrow I try doing a factory reset.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

We are currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

manfredz
Hero
Hero

We are currently investigating this issue. I will post an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

manfredz
Hero
Hero

JamesC

manfredz
Hero
Hero

JamesC

rjhelmke
Guide
Guide

OK, I guess Netgear did something, it is working now.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

The Arlo engineering team has identified the cause and resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo engineering team has identified the cause and resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC