Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app says says Your Arlo device appears offline.

Discussion stats
Cw7
Guide
Guide

I have the wirelss base station and 5 cameras. One camera is recording normally and I can view the recording in the app, but the app is showing all 5 cameras offline. I have reset the modem and the base unit but nothing changes. All three green leds on the base are burnng steady. How do I get the app to work again?

87 REPLIES 87
Cw7
Guide
Guide

Working now.

junarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Netgear for resolving this. Can you explain a bit on the root cause (as you can)?
manfredz
Hero
Hero

netgear fixed a connectivity issue last night that seems to have fixed the problem for many.   try again

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Should be fixed now.

ednamy
Initiate
Initiate
Firmware 1.2.11810
I have cameras that randomly drop offline. Resetting the base station does not work. The only way to fix it is to get the camera, open the cover and let it sit for a few seconds, and replace the cover. It’s a real pain getting the ladder, getting the camera, etc...
Has anyone had this problem?
Thanks.
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my Arlo for about 2 years.  As of yesterday, it says that Arlo is off line.  I've tried everything, including doing a factory reset and I can't get the basestation to reset. Question is do I need a new basesatation?

744napoleon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not log onto arlo to view my camera recordings.  Why.  It just does nothing after I put all my info in.  I have tried 3 times. 

happy99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes My base station has been offline for 3 days. Cameras work intermittantly and record in an unpredictable manner. Tried everthing to get the base station back online but nothing worked. It is likely a problem at their end. It really would be nice for them to send out a notice so everyone does not waste time like I have for the last several days try to fix a problem that is likely not on my end.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

they had some issues last night which they fixed and many who reported problems yesterday reported ok today.  havent seen anything about new issues

Cw7
Guide
Guide

It is doing exactly the same thing again now. I can not return my system, but maybe I will be able to sell it to someone else and buy sometihing dependable.

Cw7
Guide
Guide

Cameras came back on and are recording but no longer sending notifications to my email. The  settings have not changed. 

Cw7
Guide
Guide

I powered the base off and on and everything seems to be normal now. I installed my first camera November 2016 and then added 4 more. I have never had problems until yesterday. I need reliability.

rjhelmke
Guide
Guide

I just want Netgear to take this seriously and ensure they put procedures in place to make sure this type of thing does not happen. They may consider this system "not critical", but if someone breaks into my home and the system is offline, I am not going to be happy. Obviously someone broke something and they had no idea there was an issue until the users complained. Not good.

OregonGuy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've had my system since March and never had a connectivity problem (I did have a night time vision problem with one camera) and now I've been having connectivity problems with two cameras for three weeks now.  I get tired of dragging out a ladder to reset the darn things.  I just checked my system and the same two cameras are currently off line (insert anger face here).  If this is a Netgear issue, it sure would be nice to get some information on how to resolve the issue.  I really don't want to call their customer support line to have someone read through a script on how to resolve my issue, especially when I've already gone through all of the trouble shooting.

gotobali
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo is driving me crazy.   We get is all loaded and synced...it works for several minutes and then it says " offline".  We try to reboot the base station...but a message says "Authentication invalid."  While all of this is happening...the cameras detect motion and send a message to my iPhone...but no video.  So, it is "offline" but detects motion.  How can I get this system working properly!   Help!  Help!  

Jimmy54
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo camera show offline I’ve changed batteries, restarted my base, but camera 2 still show offline.
Pfifi
Tutor
Tutor

I am also having the same problem with one of my cameras out of the 5 that I have.  None of them went off line before unless batteries went dead and I have had these for at least a year now.  In the past two weeks one camera has gone off line three times and I too,  have to get the darn ladder out, climb up on the roof and go through all the steps everyone else has gone through. It is becoming VERY ANNOYING !!  At first I thought it was the batteries, so I replaced them and it worked for a couple of days and then it went off line again.  So again I pull the ladder out, climb up on roof, open the compartment where batteries are, pull them out and put them back in.  I got a slight blink of the blue light on the camera so then I thought well  maybe there is a bad battery among the four fresh new batteries that I had just put in a few days prior. So I went ahead and replaced them again with four other new batteries and it worked!  Now, less then a week later it's telling me it is off line AGAIN!!  PLEASE, WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY CAMERA AND EVERYONE ELSES!?  After reading all the posts, apparently it's not just a problem I am having!  WE NEED DEPENDABILITY!!!   PLEASE FIX THE PROBLEM GUYS!!!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Hard to say for sure but it could be a signal strength/quality issue. Swap cameras around to see if it's the camera or location.

Pfifi
Tutor
Tutor
The camera has been in the same spot for almost a year with no problems other then going off line when batteries went dead so why would it all of a sudden in the past month go off line three times? I was thinking about switching it with another one and see if the other one does the same thing or if this one continues to be off line after the switch. I am just wondering if I should re sink it with base station again, I've never had to do that before either. Just so frustrating when you think you finally have it fixed and then it happens again and then again, lol!! When reading all the posts in this thread it just seems like we are all having the same issue. Thank you for your advice! I will try what you suggested tomorrow.
AZArloUser
Star
Star
I'm having the same issue. Uninstalled/reinstalled Android app, logged into the website (arlo.netgear) both still show offline. Other 4 cameras are ok and 1 is even further away from the base station and working fine. This started happening after the latest 1.2.11810 firmware update. What was the fix? Is there something I can do from my end?
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

I'm having just the same problem on a system working fine since early 2016. Tech Support have even replaced two cameras but to no improvement.

I believe the problem is related to batteries (since firmware 11810) and a system "restart". On cameras with lower (but not flat) battery strength the camera will not connect to the base station without the dreaded battery cover lifting process. The other observation is that a camera which is in this offline state will flatten the batteries very very quickly as I assume it continually works to try and connect.

This is certainly a problem since a recent firmware release.

Work around is to avoid "restarts" but if necessary replace batteries on affected cameras (or just lift the battery cover for a few seconds to reset it).

All very frustrating that Netgear do not find these problems before pushing out new firmware 😞

Hoping this will get fixed soon!

rdrig419
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue I have 1 camera that is working fine and is online but the other camera says that its's offline and I've restarted but base unit several times and my router.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm not having issues with the same firmware version.  Consider a system reset by removing all devices from Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device button to add the base and sync the cameras. Verify firmware versions of all devices by comparing to what's posted in the Release Notes section here.

Cw7
Guide
Guide

All of my cameras are staying online now but no longer record or send notfications. They are all set to record when motion is detected and send notification to my email. Netgear should not fix something that was working perfectly. I wonder if they will ever get it back to a reliable system.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

you might want to check that your system is armed, and if you're using a custom mode that it's selected. and that notifications are still selected.

If thats ok, might want to recreate the mode and use it.