Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo app says says Your Arlo device appears offline.

Discussion stats
Cw7
Guide
Guide

I have the wirelss base station and 5 cameras. One camera is recording normally and I can view the recording in the app, but the app is showing all 5 cameras offline. I have reset the modem and the base unit but nothing changes. All three green leds on the base are burnng steady. How do I get the app to work again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo engineering team has identified the cause and resolved this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing this behavior.

JamesC

View solution in original post

87 REPLIES 87
taylormade
Tutor
Tutor

My cameras are still working but on my mobile app it is telling me that the "mode" is "offline".  Is there not a way to reset via mobile? Also, if it is offline, how come the camera is still working?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try and un-install and re-install the app

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
taylormade
Tutor
Tutor

hahaha will have to try that when I get home after work.  Thanks!

RaunchyRedneck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that.  Still doesn't work.  I think that the update had something to do with this problem, and we'll need support from Netgear to fix it.  If anybody else finds a way around this issue, please let us know!

taylormade
Tutor
Tutor

Hmmmmmm wonder when an update was...I just purchased mine 2 wks ago and all was working fine until this morning. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

is it also showing offline when you check on pc at http//arlo.netgear.com ?

taylormade
Tutor
Tutor

Yes when I login to my arlo account on my pc at work, it shows offline but yet I still receive notifications of motion detected and the video.  I just cannot get live feed and main base is saying offline.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

have you tried rebooting your base station?

taylormade
Tutor
Tutor

Not yet.  As I stated earlier, I will try that when I return home from work.  Someone else said they tried that before and it does not work, but I am up for trying it! 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

just like a pc, rebooting won;t fix a real problem but will often clear up a trip to the twilight zone, so usually worth a try early in troubleshooting..

Better still is powering off/ unplugging for 5 min, the plugging back in.  Again, won't fix a real problem but clear up some twilight zone trips that a simple reboot may not

taylormade
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the input!  Will try it later today.  I will say, that with it being only 2 wks old, I should not be having to reset, reboot, unplug, etc.  If it works fine, but if it doesn't it will be going back and will purchase something that works longer than 2 wks. 

manfredz
Hero
Hero

trips to the twilight zone can come at any time.  But could also be a lemon.  In Jan, when I was looking forward to enjoying my system, I couldnt get my base station's internet light to come on.   Was painful working with L1 support folks but having a tech support background I'm sure others felt that way when I'd start 101 troubleshooting with folks.   But when I got moved up to the L2 folks, things started moving.  Quickly established my base station was a dud, sent me a replacement, were online with me while I set it up and I'm glad I stuck it through.  Love my Arlo cams.  No they aren't perfect or best choice for every purpose but I'm happy.  I do find I have to reboot my base station about once a month or so, same with one cam that goes pink, but I dont mind that.  Time will tell if you feel the same.

RaunchyRedneck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Then, please give those L2 customer support folks a call.   I could do the following:

Unplug power to base unit.  

Open battery case on camera to cycle power.

Wait n*10 minutes, n = 1 for first try.

Uninstall and reinstall mobile app.

Change n = n * 2.

Repeat.

This can go on forever.   Netgear needs to get a fix and let us know what is going on.

Thank you.

BLRaftery
Star
Star
The system is all green, rebooted, reconnected cameras. Won't connect.

I just cannot rely on this system when I need it. And it seems to always go offline everytime I need to run out the door. I'm so disappointed. I use out to monitor an elderly person whileI run errands. No more cameras for me andI am considering reselling the base and 3 cameras and counting my losses. Shame because system is barely 8 months or so old. Have given it enough of a chance, reliability is primary for me.

Can't even reboot again remotely from Android. Very, very disappointed.

Cgrzincic
Initiate
Initiate
All cameras are showing offline, although video and alerts are coming to my phone. System does not allow me to change anything as it thinks it is offline, when it clearly is not
junarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got the notorious "Your Arlo device apears offline" status, and tried a few suggestions to no avail. This posting, though, is to point out specifics in my situation as I didn't see mentionings from postings of others.

1. All cameras are offline at the same time (from borh app and desktop).

2. Every one of them still records video, as the recordings appear under Library section and I can replay them.

#2 is particularly baffling to me. It seems to suggest the offline message is bogus and something else could be wrong with the app or backend. Any theory on this?

junarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I meant they still record video and send back to server wirelessly.

manfredz
Hero
Hero

i've had this happen a couple times on computer but just log off then back on and all's good

bobbytextra
Aspirant
Aspirant
Spoiler
I am having the same issue, all devices apear fine but the phone app and the computer say they are offline.  Video is still being recorded and can be accessed in the Library.  I have signed out and back in multiple times on multitple devices.  The fact that some posted thsi on the same day just hours before leads me to beleive this is Netgear's issue.  Please advise of the fix.
kmattln
Initiate
Initiate

Anyone having problems with system offline?

bobbytextra
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the exact same issue.  Signing in and out and back in again doesn't helo.

pg87111
Guide
Guide

Base station shows offline, but I receive motion detection from all five cameras.  It shows offline for my android phone, my wife's iPhone 7+ and our iPad.  I have rebooted my cable modem, my ASUS router and the NETGEAR arlo base station.  All three lights on the base station are green and all devices on my network can connect to the internet.  I can also see the camera base on my network.  The only way I don't continue to receive notifications of motion is to turn the base station off. HELP.

pg87111
Guide
Guide

I tried logging out and logging back in, it did not fix the problem.  It still shows offline.

junarlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Netgear support please advise as whether Netgear service is currently experiencing any issues at the backend.