Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Clarkcompound
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo has all the sudden stopped working and has a message saying it’s not connected to the internet! My internet is connected and on my hub the lights are lite up saying it’s connected but the app still says it’s not! Can anyone help me with this please?

314 REPLIES 314
millervtx
Aspirant
Aspirant
Never stays connected and frustrated.
giangdo
Aspirant
Aspirant
arlo NetGear
giangdo
Aspirant
Aspirant
MV300
giangdo
Aspirant
Aspirant
VM3000
GjSchu
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem for over a month now.  They need to get their act together. 

Trowel
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Cameras (4 of) are constantly going offline.
Approximately every 24 hours. Getting sick of getting the ladder out and climing up and down, re syncing etc.
A solution would be much appreciated.
Had system for a couple of weeks and I'm not getting any peace of mind or benifit that a security system should provide.
cathy7206
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ever since I've replaced the batteries two cameras keep going offline one will not connect at all. Also batteries dial the time too quickly
Runduckierun1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera keep going off line

straubermike
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is because Arlo is not reliable and it sucks . What a crappy system . You have to reboot the base station and i reconnects then a couple of days later low and behold it happens again , I called tech support and off couse they blame it on my set up, But there is no brick wall between my connection just a window and a full Battery . What a waste of money 

Jkrauss01
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had the same issue with 2 of the 4 cameras when viewing remotely. I restarted the base through the app and all cameras reconnected. Haven’t had an issue since.
Sentrell1976
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the wireless free alro camera and it keeps saying offline " what should I do?

Trowel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know I'm constantly having to take all 4 x Cameras down and resync them. Sometimes a power down of the base and restart works but even then within 24 to 48 hours they're all offline and the power down usually only works once. Then it's get the ladder out, up/down resync then up/down the ladder again putting them all back in place. Been going on for 3 weeks now. Just about ready to return them. 

It's a shame because when they are actually working they're great.
Very frustrated.
jghere
Apprentice
Apprentice

Why do three out of my four Arlo cameras go offline all the time?  Device info shows good connection to the base station and good batery level.  At home I can re-establish the sync, but on the road I am helpless.  I just put in fully charged batteries and all was well.  I go to a family visit and they go south.  This happens often.  What can I do remotely to get them on again?

Chaskamn
Guide
Guide

I have the same problem!

I have been asking if there is a problem with my basestation........

I have checked signal strength at each camera and have good-strong at each location with lots of bandwidth.  

I am running 4 Arlo cameras and 1 Arlo Pro 2.  The Pro 2 is wired.  Any of them will drop and go off-line.  Batteries/line power are all strong..  I get them all working by all the usual methods and hours- not days- later one-three will be off-line.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the 4th camera staying connected... it's just 3 go out ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jghere
Apprentice
Apprentice

yes.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd swap the good camera to one of the other locations to see is the bad issue follows the camera or not

Morse is faster than texting!
Chaskamn
Guide
Guide

Hi TomMac,

In my case 3 of the 5.  The 3 yesterday are a not exactly the same set as yesterday.  I have moved camers  before and even replaced a couple.

Chaskamn
Guide
Guide

Here is a link to the thread I started last month, but got no response.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Arlo-basestation-issue/td-p/1713147

JPI80918
Star
Star

This may be a temp fix...just like re-syncing to the base.  But this is NOT a long term solution as with new baterries the  issue reoccurs.  I have 9 cameras and 1/2 are offline most of the time due to forced software upgrade pushes.

HW:  VMB3010r2

Firmware: 1.12.2.4_2772

Irvrn66
Star
Star
First generation Arlo wire free. Base station goes offline and when I try to view camera message says "cameras off line" Like someone mentioned, happens when your away from premises being monitored. Only solution I have found successful is rebooting the base. This isn't very reliable if your away from premises being monitored. Makes me angry at this whole system. Wonder if Arlo pro system any more reliable?
Irvrn66
Star
Star
If it's only one or two cameras and the base indicates it's online, rebooting the base remotely has worked for me. It's when the base station loses internet connection that annoys me. and only solution is physical rebooting of base by turning it off and on or disconnecting power and reconnecting it.
Irvrn66
Star
Star
My advice is to check cameras at least daily. I get notification "dings" when motion is detected and if some time goes by without recieving a notification I get suspicious
Irvrn66
Star
Star
Oh my, real bummer
Irvrn66
Star
Star
Maybe he will get lucky and power will go off for short period