Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
heisian
Guide
Guide

I have geo-fencing enabled such that when I am within the radius, the system should be disarmed. When I get home, the app notifies me that I have entered the geo-fencing area, yet the cameras will still notify me that they detect motion. Broken.

103 REPLIES 103
Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice

Did you specify what Arlo should do when you're in Home Mode and Away mode?

heisian
Guide
Guide
Yes - disarmed when home, armed when away.
Matchpoint
Apprentice
Apprentice
jdenunzio1180
Tutor
Tutor

The last fewdays the arlo app will not switch from disarm to arm when I leave my house?? Any suggestions?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently aware of and investigating an issue with Geofencing that is affecting some users. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

SteveGG49
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problems with geofencing. 

Jamokebob
Guide
Guide
Same problem here. I leave the house and Arlo does not recognize me out of the area. Worked fine up until a few weeks ago
jdenunzio1180
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks!
Rch0818d1
Initiate
Initiate
Geofencing worked great up until about two weeks ago. I can see on the map within geofencing that I’m 100 miles from my house, yet my phone status is “in zone”. Please fix ASAP. Purchasing this product was contingent on it working as advertised.
emwallace100
Initiate
Initiate

Not sure where everyone else is, but I'm in the UK and I'm having this issue too.  Will it get fixed through a software update?

jdenunzio1180
Tutor
Tutor

I'm in the U.S.A and haveing that same problem... I'm thinking a software Update

NelsonTeleco
Tutor
Tutor
Same problem here. Recent iPhone updates to blame?

Any fix yet?
jdenunzio1180
Tutor
Tutor
Not sure if the iPhone update has something to do with it or not... but I did notice the apps stability after the recent update of iOS
Jamokebob
Guide
Guide
I have the latest iOS firmware on both my devices and still no joy. One phone never shows leaving the home area. This just started within the last month.
bfolch02
Guide
Guide
Do you by chance have an iPhone? I do and, while Geofencing has typically worked correctly maybe 60% of the time for me, it stopped working completely last week after installing the latest app update. I’m wondering if the new complete failure issue may be related to the iPhone app update. As I mentioned, I have had issues with this feature and have a service ticket open for over a year now., so I’m not holding out much hope Netgear will ever get this functionality working correctly.
BMitchell001
Initiate
Initiate

My Arlo's geofencing also quit working.  Going to the setup page shows me sitting at work and the small geofence surrounding my home - several miles distant.  I believe the situation started during the last IOS update.  One way of fixing the problem is going into my iPhones privacy settings under setup and momentarily shutting off the location services and then turning them back on.  Usually after a few seconds, I get a note from Arlo that my Geofencing is now Armed (if I'm out of the zone) or Disarmed (if I'm in the zone).  So far this about the only way I have been able to reset geofencing - a royal pain in the a$$!  Please fix this quickly.

jdenunzio1180
Tutor
Tutor

I have the iPhone X... and after that last update it stopped working.. sometimes it takes along time for it to arm after I leve my home

mol86
Tutor
Tutor

Here also the same problems after the last app update of arlo my geofencing is not working anymore.

Iphone 7 worked fine always but with the last update doesnt work anymore 😞 is there a fix coming up???

jdenunzio1180
Tutor
Tutor
I hope ther is a fix soon! It’s geting me mad!
Jamokebob
Guide
Guide
Is anyone from Netgear monitoring this forum? Can you give your customers an update for a fix?
jdenunzio1180
Tutor
Tutor

I got arlo because it was the BEST OF THE BEST!! and now it’s just frustrating knowing I have a $200 peice of equertment that douse not do its job like its  supposed  to.

Paskos
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm on iphone 6s version 11.2.6
Latest firmware and app and geofencing stopped working 2 weeks ago.
I have to manually arm/disarm the system
twk390
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, since ios update my Arlo q geofencing has also stopped working. Is anyone working on this issue or what? there seem to many of us with this problem, yet not one of us has had any feedback. Come on Arlo where are you?????? 

Gix_916
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo geofence isn't working either I've had the cameras for a year worked flawlessly until the last update. Do your thing Netgear and get it fixed you guys are usually top notch!