Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
LouNawlins
Guide
Guide
Does anyone else believe these are over hyped and not worth the time and effort, much less $$$?
31 REPLIES 31
dsealer
Apprentice
Apprentice

I've said it before and I haven't changed my mind.  I am 69 years old and I've bought lots of products in my life but the Arlo cameras and system are by far the worst product I have ever bought in my lifetime.   The company has no plan to fix these pieces of garbage.  All tech support can do, at times, is get the cameras working again but no plan to keep them working continuously.   In the past 2 weeks I have reconnected my cameras at least 10 times.  Right now all 3 of my cameras are off line again.  That means I have to get the ladder out and climb up, take them down, resync them and them climb back up the ladder and mount them.  On of my cameras is within 15 ft. of the base with the base actually pointing right at the camera.  I'm done with arlo.  I'm going to buy a hard wired system.

Pass the word that this product is junk, has no company support and no plan to improve.  I'm doing that every chance I get.

Don.....

parsrgood
Apprentice
Apprentice

@dsealer 

I understand your frustration and I hope those considering purchasing a Arlo product read this thread. Arlo and it’s CEO continue to ignore our complaints. They, like a lot of big business pour their profits into advertising a faulty product vs. improving and maintaining said product. Somehow they slither home and sleep well after a day of misleading consumers. It’s corporate greed and it’s a shame. Arlo’s products and especially their support are in a tail spin. But, as long as greed Is their focus the consumer will suffer. 

LouNawlins
Guide
Guide
You are correct!
Since ARLO is not responding in a responsible manner, maybe it is time we took our complaint to one of their biggest retailers....
Home Shopping Network (HSN)
Sam's Wholesale Club
Best Buy
Gbright
Initiate
Initiate
Maybe it’s time we started complaining to the BBB. At least get the word out.
shaneparsons
Initiate
Initiate

@Gbright that’s definitely a very reasonable step at this point in time. Big companies like this shouldn’t be able to get away with scamming people out of their hard earned money. If they don’t want to acknowledge the problems with their product (which they’ve no doubt heard a ton of by now) and release a public announcement / recall, somebody’s got to step in a force them to do so.

stephenjd
Tutor
Tutor

Pro 2 did not record again this morning. Went out to record something with a regular camera thinking I would have 2 different recordings. Whats up with this company?? There is something very wrong with the system. This is not the first time. Personally, I would not waste my money on Arlo. The cameras seem to be ok. The batteries seem to be a very cheap quality. The system at Arlo that has control of everything, is horrible. I believe that the company has a huge problem with their firmware updates. I believe this has something to do with the batteries draining so fast. You can only go so far with firmware updates before it turns into a hardware problem. ☹️

stephenjd
Tutor
Tutor

The BBB gives them an A+. Does that tell you something? All the years of people complaining about Arlo makes you wonder whats going on.