Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS 13.2, updated Arlo app: I am stuck on “getting information”

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rduck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Starting on Nov. 2 I started experiencing what seems to be a recurring problem of not being able to access the modes on my base station:  it is stuck on “getting information” and nothing is being recorded.  I am now out of town and am not receiving any notifications from the cameras monitoring my ducks and geese at night.  I tried all the suggested work-arounds, but cannot access it in the Legacy app, whether I am on WiFi or not, and when I tried to use the desktop version on my iPad it will only let me access my cameras through the app, otherwise is just tells me the address is invalid when I deleted the app to see if I could get around that.  I’ve tried reinstalling the app several times as well as restarting the base station (both through the app and physically when I was still home). I had not recently updated anything when this started and this is happening on my iPad and iPhone, both before and after I tried recently updating both IOS and the Arlo app this morning.  Anyone have any other suggestions as to what I might be able to try?

5 REPLIES 5
rduck
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also forgot to mention that the app has been crashing almost every time I use it for about 10 days.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rduck

What version of the Arlo app are you using?

I am using an iPhone 11 Pro Max on iOS 13.2/Arlo app 2.10 & I can not replicate the issue you are experiencing.

rduck
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using v. 2.10 (1478)
rduck
Aspirant
Aspirant
I saw that people were experiencing this issue back in September and the app update seemed to fix it. I did add 4 Pro 3’s within a few days of this happening, but I don’t know that it had anything to do with It, they synced up without issue. This happens on my iPad Pro and my phone. I tried accessing My Arlo on a desktop, and while I can access the options in Mode, if I click on Schedule it just sits and thinks and never brings up the schedule options. I do think this might be a problem with the base station since I can’t access it through the computer. I noticed it blinking red a few times during the days before this started. I’m using the base I got with one of my Ultra sets, I have been using it for several months with no problems. I unplugged it manually and restarted it through the app without luck.
rduck
Aspirant
Aspirant

I replaced the base station and it works fine now.  But what I suspect actually happened is that my phone had been switched to a different network (I have three for my property) without me realizing/remembering it.  I had to switch the WiFi to set up the base station, and when I checked the access on my iPad I had to switch it again to get the new base station off “getting information.”  I will be curious to see if I can still access it when I travel, as I have always been able to before from different networks, and it will be a problem if I cannot in the future.