Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Library limited capacity? Some recordings are not coming in properly?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
bmj80
Follower
Follower

It would appear someone accessed my car during the night. I tried to check this out on my camera. The earliest recording is 08:30. The break in was during the early hours of the morning so I'm pretty disappointed I haven't got access to this. Incidentally my last recording the day before is at 18:51. It's like they don't work at night?!

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I tend to turn sensitivity up in a custom mode designed for nighttime recordings. You'll catch more cats and rabbits that way but you'll also increase your chances of catching people. 

Of course, the issue may also be the approach path of the person and how fast (s)he was moving. If moving more or less directly at the vehicle along with slow movements, detection would be limited. Remember that these cameras have a max of ~20 feet for people detection. Heavy clothing may also help mask the person's IR signature. Increasing sensitivity would possibly help the most but you may also want to consider repositioning the camera and/or adding another camera for cross-triggering.