Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 32 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
hproclean
Guide
Guide

My Arlo camera system is not recording to the library. I have contacted ARLO support to no avail. They tell me the server is down. I depend on this sytem to watch over a home, and it is useless if it doesn't record to a saved library. I even upgraded my plan thinking that it was my error for not having the paid plans. Still no deal. I removed the base station and reinstalled the cameras as several users have suggested and it still doesn't show the recordings. I created a test mode and only assigned one camera and tried that. Still no luck. Any thoughts?

32 REPLIES 32
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @panda12345

When you mention resetting everything, what did this consist of? 

Did you happen to factory reset the base station, reboot the camera, reboot the base?

Cyncity
Aspirant
Aspirant

When you find a way to fix the issue let me know.  My list of arlo support case numbers for not recording during the night, not recording during the day, only one camera recording out of the 3, it's ridiculous.  What exactly does a 1 year warranty cover for a system that is 6 months old and not working.  Sorry to hear your frustration, I thought maybe I was the only person who purchased a non functioning system.

Cyncity
Aspirant
Aspirant

mine too!  Just so you know it's not just you. 

panda12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting to hear you’ve been talking to support. Today I was told by support that I am the only person who has raised the motion issue! After several support emails and webchats I am no closer to a solution. They keep blaming problems on my end and ignoring the fact that there are dozens of people who have the same issue. Having just been “disconnected” from a webchat I have decided to give them 14 days to resolve this issue before I take them to small claims court. I paid a lot for this system and it worked perfectly for 18 months. They have broken it with a dodgy firmware update and are refusing to take any responsibility for this.

Cyncity
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well Aspirant, that's interesting because I asked support if other people report this issue or am I the only one with this problem. They said I'm the only one reporting it.
sgtbuck989
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just started to have the same issue.. any fixes yet?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@sgtbuck989

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Mattocs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I called tech support. They walked me through some troubleshooting and diagnostic steps. My unit was found to be defective and it was still under warranty. I sent it back and Arlo sent me a replacement. Good luck with your camera.