Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

downloaded NEW App for ios - and now all my devices are off line..

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
junglefire
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have a base station, 2 outdoor cameras & an arlo Q - all went off line the second I logged into the NEW Arlo app i just downloaded.

now i get to go home and start all over again.

anyone else have this happen???

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

junglefire,

Are you sure the devices are actually offline? What is the LED behavior on your base station and Arlo Q cameras? Do they show offline in the web client?

JamesC

Stiles9600
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  Downloaded new app, uninstalled old app and now everything shows offline.  I have three active cameras (VMC3030) and I am currently sitting next to base station (VMB3010r2) and all lights show I'm online.  About to uninstall and reinstall app.  Hopefully that is the issue.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You might also try rebooting your phone as well.

There could be some cached information from the old app that is conflicting with the new app that is causing an issue.

JamesC

Stiles9600
Aspirant
Aspirant

Rebooted base, and re-synced the cameras.  Batteries show almost dead, not sure why that is since they were over 90%.  But will replace batteries.  Camera that has been re-synced is now working.  So I think that may be the issue.

junglefire
Aspirant
Aspirant

false alarm! seems my WIFI went off at the same time as i downloaded the new app!!  i was thinking after i posted that the app would have nothing to do with running the base or cameras!  sorry for the alarm! just a weird coincidence!

BigDog10
Aspirant
Aspirant

I installed the new Arlo app and my four older Arlo wireless cameras are offline after re-installing app, resetting the base station, taking the cameras up to the base station and syncing.  The cameras still do not work.  But my three Arlo2 two-way cameras are working.

I saw that there are other experiencing the same thing with one having success in correcting the issue.

What is the path forward?

Stiles9600
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took all the cameras down and brought them to the base station.  Since I had just replaced the batteries less than 30 days prior, I tried taking out the batteries and putting them back in.  Then I tried to sync to the base.  Only one worked and then it said it had 4% battery.  So after fiddling with this method several times (even restarting the base station), I finally tried replacing the batteries on one.  Re-synced with the base and all is right with the world.  Did that on all of them (after going out and getting more batteries).  Everything works as it did before.  

junglefire
Aspirant
Aspirant

turns out.. it was a coincidence that my WIFI at home went down (outage in my area) at the same time installed the new App!!  so the app was fine.