Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO - VMB3000 - ON TELSTRA (BIGPOND) NBN

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
guestnest
Follower
Follower

Hello, since the connection to Telstra Bigpond NBN (in South Australia) the base unit has failed to connect to the modem.  I have power cycled all units - NBN, modem, cameras, still no connection.  Contacted ARLO support - they logged into my modem, quoted me $400 to fix it, I said no, then quoted me $199 to fix it, so I still said no.  Obviously it is an issue that can be re set by them accessing the VMB3000 but seriously $400 then $199. Any suggestions waht / how to fix this please. Thanks, Ned.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Don't know who you contacted... but Netgear does not charge for the first 3 months of tech support even on the lowest level ( Basic or free ).

Don't ever pay for service, there are a lot of fake support services listed on the net.

Only this one is valid ( bottom of page ) ;https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Let us know all the pertinent contact info (URL, phone number, etc.) of the scam support site so Netgear legal can pursue them. It's happened in the past too many times.

WHat are the LEDs on the base showing? That's important info.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

guestnest,

As mentioned above, it doesn't sound like you contacted NETGEAR support. Give us more details surrounding the issue and we may be able to provide further assistance here on the community.

What base station LEDs are lit and what colors are they?

Was the system working on a different connection previously?

JamesC