Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is The Arlo Pro 2 Compatible With The Base Station VMB3000?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Riverpilot35
Tutor
Tutor

I have an older base station VMB3000 connected to 4 basic model cameras. I’d like to add an Arlo Pro 2 so I can have 1080p HD. Will the arlo pro 2 be compatible with the VMB300 base station?

Thanks,

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brh
Master
Master

@Riverpilot35 

Mainly the built in siren and the ability to have back up recordings, especially if the internet goes out. I think, but not sure, that the lag time is better with the Pro base. 

Brian

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes....

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Riverpilot35
Tutor
Tutor

I wondered because on the amazon store it says the pro 2 is works with VMC4030.

brh
Master
Master

@Riverpilot35 

Although the Pro2 camera will work with the original base, you will not be able to use all the Pro2's features. As inexpensive as the base staions are these days, you could purchase the newer base and either remove all the cameras  and base from your account and install the new base and sync all the cameras to it to be able tou use the Pro2 features or leave the old base and cameras alone and add the new base and Sync the Pro2 to it, (there is no limit to how many base stations per acount).

Brian

Riverpilot35
Tutor
Tutor

Do you know what features would not be available? Really all I want is what I have now plus the 1080p HD.

brh
Master
Master

@Riverpilot35 

Mainly the built in siren and the ability to have back up recordings, especially if the internet goes out. I think, but not sure, that the lag time is better with the Pro base. 

Brian

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation