Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Doorbell - can not get it to connect to the smart hub.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rovvp
Tutor
Tutor

I recently purchased a number of Arlo products including the Smart Hub (VMB5000), Video Doorbell and Arlo Ultra cameras. 

All products have been updated to the latest publicly released firmware available (as of 6/11/2020) 

I have had the Ulra cameras and base stations setup and working for roughly 2 months. Yesterday after having an electrician replace the doorbell transformer I got the Video Doorbell operating. 

My issue is while I was able to setup the Video Doorbell directly on Wifi, I can not get it to connect to the smart hub. In the setup process after a factory reset I follow the directions however the blinking lights on the Doorbell begin to blink more quickly and after 5 seconds the lights turn off, after this the breathing lights start once again on the doorbell. The mobile app continues to show the searching for several minutes before showing an error indicating the hub was not found.

I have repeated this process 3-4 times with a factory reset in between.

I have also tried testing the signal strength at the doorbell . An Arlo ultra camera held next to the doorbell for several minutes shows a strong signal to the base station. 

While I am using the doorbell directly on Wifi I would like to get it onto the base station so it can share the Arlo Smart subscription and record locally.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest release of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Please download the latest version from the app store.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
Are you using an iPhone? I had this problem with my iPhone and as soon as I tried an android device it worked right away.
rovvp
Tutor
Tutor

Yes I was using an iPhone 12 Pro with the latest version of IOS (14.1) 

I don't actually have any Android devices to try this on. 

I wonder if this is an issue with iOS 14? (I setup the cameras prior to IOS 14 on an iPhone X with no issues)

Mdterps
Apprentice
Apprentice
I do think this is an iOS problem or something with a recent Arlo app update. I have an iPhone X on iOS 14.1. I tried it for over an hour on my iPhone and the doorbell white light was doing exactly as it’s supposed to after reset and during adding the device. But, it just wouldn’t add no matter what I did. My android device worked on the first try after I was just about to give up.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update when I have more information to share.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest release of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Please download the latest version from the app store.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation