Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No QR code video doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Andrewk1005
Aspirant
Aspirant
I go through the steps to set up the door bell and get the flashing white LEDs but no QR code shows up on my phone. I’ve tried all my different WiFi networks, restarting the app, cellular data on/off, reset the door bell numerous times, turned the smart hub off and on and it still won’t generate a QR code and won’t connect to smart hub. I have cameras much further than the doorbell that are connected with zero problems. I’m about to trash this thing. Help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest release of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Please download the latest version from the app store.

JamesC

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you swapped at the store on the theory it may just be a faulty device?

potstom
Aspirant
Aspirant

But then there are a lot of faulty ones around! I have a similar problem with VMB4540 base.

Andrewk1005
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately I bought it off Amazon and the return period has passed. I may just try anyways. Nothing I’m trying will generate a QR code
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Arlo devices come with a 1 year warranty.

Andrewk1005
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll try that. Thanks!
potstom
Aspirant
Aspirant

With today’s update on the ios app, the problem is perfectly solved. I would have liked to see it this way from the beginning - but I’m happy with the solution!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest release of the Arlo iOS mobile app. Please download the latest version from the app store.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation