Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
TSKEE
Tutor
Tutor

My video doorbell has been working fine for more than a year. Recently is suddenly stopped recording or even detecting movement, etc. I tried resetting numerous times and reconnecting but it always come back that the device can not be found. I have a VMB4000 Pro 2 Base Station and never had a problem previously with the doorbell. The wifi is working fine and the 3 camera connected are working also.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TSKEE
Tutor
Tutor

After resetting the camera multiple times, removing it from the app and even disconnected the power wire with no help I ultimately rebooted my router and the camera  was detected and reconnected! We never lost power or wifi at any time so I didn't think to restart the router.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

So are you connecting to your WiFi or to the base? It's not clear.

If you're attempting to reset and reconnect, remove it from Settings, My Devices. I would also use the reset procedure on the doorbell itself to make sure it returns to a known configuration. Then try to set it back up as if new. Does that help?

TSKEE
Tutor
Tutor

After resetting the camera multiple times, removing it from the app and even disconnected the power wire with no help I ultimately rebooted my router and the camera  was detected and reconnected! We never lost power or wifi at any time so I didn't think to restart the router.  

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation