Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wired - Will Not Connect

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
jrt78
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently moved and had all my Arlo cameras (Arlo Pro) and video doorbell (Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wired) disconnected for a few months.  I just setup the base station and all cameras re-connected just fine.  Doorbell - not quite yet after three days of attempting to connect it via base station or direct to WiFi.  I've tried everything I can think of and nothing.

The app finds the base station just fine but it just spins in finding the doorbell.  Same thing happens whether I try to connect it to the base station or direct.  I've confirmed my phone is on the same WiFi network.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jrt78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I wound up having to reset it multiple times and it eventually connected.  It went through all the LED flashing stages.....steady white, flashing white, alternating white/red, steady red, until on the last reset it behaved properly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Still happening? The internal battery will discharge when stored and may need a charge to be able to connect. I moved mine, took a hour or so, and had to wait for the battery to charge before the doorbell would work again.

Have you tried the reset procedure by holding the hidden button on the back for >10 seconds? Be sure to remove the doorbell from Settings, My Devices, too.

jrt78
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I wound up having to reset it multiple times and it eventually connected.  It went through all the LED flashing stages.....steady white, flashing white, alternating white/red, steady red, until on the last reset it behaved properly.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation