Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
robertox
Guide
Guide

I set up the video doorbell yesterday for my parents.

Is there a way for them to share that device with me, so I can see the recordings - and device information?

The doorbell is directly on their wi-fi network, not the existing Arlo hub. 

The existing Arlo hub is used for their other cameras - Pro 2 (free plan) - which are shared with me.

They don't have a subscription for the doorbell yet, since they are still on the free 90-day trial.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Grant Access is under the main Settings area, not in the doorbell settings. The connected vs. disconnected just means the doorbell is not connected to a base/hub.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Streak2
Master Master
Master

Go to DoorBell Settings and select Grant Access. Enter your email address there.

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

make sure to go into edit to make sure that the doorbell has been selected to share.

robertox
Guide
Guide

From the doorbell's "Device Settings" menu in the Arlo app on their phone, there are the following menu options

- - - - - - - - - -

Connected to → Disconnected *

Time Zone

Flicker Adjustment

Silent Mode

Doorbell LED

Traditional Chime → Mechanical

Language

Device Info

Device Utilities

Support

VIDEO

Video Settings

Activity Zones

AUDIO

Audio Settings

DOORBELL CALL

Call Settings

RESTART

REMOVE DEVICE

- - - - - - - - - -

There is no option to "Grant Access".

* I don't know why it says "Disconnected" when it is working.  There's a thread here somewhere about that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Grant Access is under the main Settings area, not in the doorbell settings. The connected vs. disconnected just means the doorbell is not connected to a base/hub.

robertox
Guide
Guide

"The Grant Access is under the main Settings area, not in the doorbell settings."

Thanks, I found it. 

Open the app on the owner's device - in this case, my parents - and open the SETTINGS in the lower right hand corner.

scroll down to ACCOUNT, and under ACCOUNT is

• Grant Access
  • Subscription

Select GRANT ACCESS

That takes you to the FRIENDS menu.  Since I already have access to the other cameras, there was no need to ADD me.

Select the user - in this case, me - which takes you to the FRIEND (without the "s") screen.  At this point, I could see the other three cameras I already have access to.

Select EDIT in the upper-right hand corner.  This shows all of the devices available.  The three cameras I already have access to had green check marks next to them.   I selected the doorbell.

On my device, I had to restart the app for the doorbell to appear.  But it has been working since.

AniB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Be sure to grant yourself "Admin Rights".  This gives you the ability to download and delete videos.  You'll aso be able to talk, record, and take photos with the camera..

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation