Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Need to be able to rotate doorbell image 90 degrees

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
JackShepBoston
Follower
Follower
We need the ability to rotate the image 90 degrees. Due to the vinyl shingles on the outside of my house, I don’t have a flat surface to mount this to in a vertical configuration. I even tried buying the wedge kits from Ring, but number one, your doorbell doesn’t fit on it and number two, half the doorbell would be hanging off. The simplest solutions for me would be to mount the doorbell horizontally and rotate the image(which you don’t currently allow), or go with a competitor who sells a smaller product that will fit where my existing doorbell is.
7 REPLIES 7
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JackShepBoston,

I will pass your feedback along to the development team.

JamesC

lkalis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, either allow the video to rotate on a horizontal mounting or create different size angled wedges for the camera.

This is what is needed, but more polished than a 3D print

https://www.etsy.com/listing/751704092/arlo-video-doorbell-mount-for-vinyl

pavest
Aspirant
Aspirant

yes, please implement. This features is much needed. Surprised it's not there already. Thanks 

erickufo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I am also asking to please follow up with this request to add the 90 degree image rotation option. Thank you.

newfierick
Aspirant
Aspirant
This rotate ability is badly needed. Any idea if it will ever be added?
Ganged
Aspirant
Aspirant

How is this not an option?  Many doorbells are mounted inside the door frame and not facing outward? Please help. I see that there are such mounting options with other video camera products.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ganged,

Depending on your environment, you may be able to utilize the included angled mounting option. For more information, take a look here: How do I use the angled mounting wedge that came with my Arlo Video Doorbell?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation