Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Disable vehicle alert on doorbell

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
landroving
Aspirant
Aspirant

i just purchased the video doorbell which includes a 3 month trial subscription.  However, i can not access the Arlo smart settings to manage the alerts (people, vehicles, animals etc).  How is this a free subscription if i can't manage these settings?  I am getting alerts every minute from passing cars.  I also tried to login to arlo smart from a web browser and same thing...says i am in my trial period and can't manage any settings.  I can't take this for 3 months...please help.

thanks
Brian

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

landroving,

Arlo Smart settings can be accessed by navigating to Settings > Smart Notifications > select your Arlo Video Doorbell > Adjust the desired smart notification toggles

JamesC

landroving
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks, okay.... i think i half misunderstood the feature.  So i get the smart notification, toggling off the vehicle will turn off alerts for vehicles.  I thought this smart feature would also not record and store what it identified as a vehicle.  So, in a nutshell the camera will capture and store ALL movement it detects and label them.  Alerts/notifications are user defined.  True?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

landroving,

That's right. You can turn off the smart notifications, but if the camera is armed, a recording will still be made when motion is detected.

JamesC

sfutr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently purchased this and am having the same issue.

I have set my activity zone to eliminate the road and I've turned off the vehicle in Smart Notifications.

I get notifications every few minutes for the cars driving past. How do I turn this off?Activity ZoneActivity ZoneSmart NotificationsSmart NotificationsSensitivity settingSensitivity setting

dan7769
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue -- turned off vehicle notifications in the app, but it keeps notifying me anyway.

jsaus63304
Luminary
Luminary

My setup is very similar to yours.  You are setting the sensitivity in the wrong place.  You need to go to MODE and set the sensitivity within the mode you are using, not sensitivity test.  I reduced mine to 17% and now only get large trucks and big white SUVs.  

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation