Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chime 2 won’t connect

Discussion stats
Eodwoz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Seems to be a reoccurring issue. I scan QR code, it asks to connect, amber light on chime flashes then white fade & then states it can’t connect. Using updated app on iPhone, doorbell, multiple cameras all work flawlessly???

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We have a fix for those experiencing issues onboarding their Chime 2 devices. A member of the Arlo development team will be reaching out via email to users who have posted here to coordinate the next steps to resolve this issue. If you do not receive an email within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

Thank you 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for all your feedback. The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

114 REPLIES 114
jlucas2310
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are experiencing the same when setting up an Arlo Essential Wire Free Doorbell for the first time today.

Hummelmose
Star
Star
I have an Arlo Setup with a ArloHub + 6 cameras + 1 doorbell wired and 2 chime 2

A few weeks ago I haven't been able to add the Chime 2's - I have removed them from system, and when I try to re add them I get "Can't connect to ARLO_xxx wifi".
I have tried apps with both Android and iOS devices, but same problem with both. 
On a facebook usergroup I can see I'm not the only one with this problem.
Any suggestions how to get the chimes working again.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Maybe reset them?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Also, make sure the phone settings allow the temporary connection to this network.

Hummelmose
Star
Star

I have reset the doorbell twice, and the chimes 3 times. Still no luck.

Blackie808
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

My Chime2 has suddenly decided to stop working.  Nothing changed on the wifi that I’m aware of.  When I removed chime and tried to pair again I get a ‘Unable to join the network “Arlo_0811”’. Message right after scanning the barcode.   Tried restarting hub and router but no joy.  

Does anyone know how to fix?   I have a smart router which does away with the 2.5/5ghz channel switching stuff but this error looks to be related to a network that Arlo is trying to create.

thanks

Dave

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Blackie808 wrote:

Does anyone know how to fix?   I have a smart router which does away with the 2.5/5ghz channel switching stuff but this error looks to be related to a network that Arlo is trying to create.

True.

How close is the phone to the chime?  I've seen a post from @JamesC suggesting that moving the phone "quite close" to the chime can help.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Was you able to get the doorbell onboarded?

Hummelmose
Star
Star

It's impossible to get support from Arlo.

I just end in FAQ - I want a refund - have to unusable chime 2 now - Since Arlo Secure 4 the system has been crap.

malber
Guide
Guide

are there any news on this? I have the same problem and I even bought a new Chime, thinking it was a hardware problem with the first one. the same problem however happens on the new one

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Kayhan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried to connect my Chime 2 to wifi through the Arlo app on my iPhone 15 pro but I keep getting "can't connect to network". After deleting and reinstalling the app, I still have the same problem.  I have tried to contact customer service in The Netherlands but the number provided on the website is not working. Live chat also does not work. This is the worst customer service I have ever had. Does anybody know how to solve the issue? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kayhan wrote:

I have tried to contact customer service in The Netherlands but the number provided on the website is not working. 

I don't think there is a number on the website (certainly there isn't on the English version).

You reach phone support via the phone app (and it does require a subscription).  It's available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Make sure your WiFi SSID and password don't have special characters and/or spaces. Your router also needs to be set to WPA2 (AES) encryption.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Hummelmose
Star
Star

It's excactly the same problem I have - No support - No interest from Arlo - They are just trash right now.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to provide the model of the handheld device/phone used during the Chime 2 onboarding?

mikemcw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I could not get my Chime to connect via my Iphone 15 ProMax, a new iPad mini, a 12.9 inch new iPad, nor a new Samsung Ultra 23. It was very frustrating! However, when I tried to use my work cell phone, an iPhone 13, it worked, no issues. 

mikemcw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to onboard using an iPhone 13, model number MLAE3LL/A, IOS 17.2.1.

Hummelmose
Star
Star

I tried today with an iPhone 13 Pro - It came further - but gave a network service error (looked like a rest / API answer) when I came to the screen where I should name the device, so still no luck. But I got connected to the ARLO_xxxx network but no luck in onboarding the chime 2 - I even factory reset it before trying - tried 3 times. same result.

mikemcw
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m sure there are hardware differences between Pro and non Pro iPhones. I wonder if that is having an impact. I could not get my 15 Pro Max to connect…

jimshoe52
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was trying to reinstall the chime due to changing the wifi chanel. I follow the instructions and can't get it to pair. The instruction said scan the qr code. That's where I get lost. Nothing happens & I know what to do next. So I tried to pare the chime to the doorbell and fail on that. What to do? Thanks in advance.

Hummelmose
Star
Star

I have tried:

• iPhone 15 Pro Max (Can't connect to ARLO_xxxx network)
  • Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra (Can't connect to ARLO_xxxx network)
  • OnePlus 12 (Can't connect to ARLO_xxxx network)
  • iPhone 13 Pro (Can connect to ARLO_xxxx network, but fails when you have to name your device)

This is not a HW issue - It's a Arlo issue they need to fix it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's 2 ways to change the WiFi connection - 1) go to the chime settings, click on the Connected To section and use the Change Network selection at the bottom and 2) remove the chime from your account and set it back up as if new. You may want to reset the chime after removing it from your account:

https://kb.arlo.com/000061879/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Chime-or-Chime-2

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you all for the additional info with the model devices. I will continue to keep this thread updated.

RuneD77
Tutor
Tutor

Any news on this problem. I was refered to you by Verisure in Denmark, as mit Chime 2 will not connect to the HUB where the wifi fee dorebell is connected... No matter how i try to connect the app tells me that connection could not be made.