Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo wired doorbell help with installation

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Amr1043404
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently bought a house without a chime box therefor I don’t have the power kit installed. I did put in a new transformer and I am able to get power to the doorbell. However once I get to the QR code it never picks up the doorbell. I double checked to make sure I am on the 2.4 ghz frequency. Is there a way to reset it? Am I doing something incorrectly? Any suggestions is appreciated, I’m out of my return window so I am hoping to figure it out.

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Amr1043404 wrote:
However once I get to the QR code it never picks up the doorbell. 

Does it chime?

@Amr1043404 wrote:
Is there a way to reset it?

https://kb.arlo.com/000062346/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell

Amr1043404
Aspirant
Aspirant
@stephen there’s no chime box so it does not
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Amr1043404 wrote:
@stephen there’s no chime box so it does not

You are misunderstanding.

When you onboard to home wifi (as opposed to the base), you show the video doorbell a QR code generated in the app. 

The video doorbell itself will chime when it successfully reads that QR code.  Are you hearing that?

Amr1043404
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, only thing I hear is a “click” on the doorbell when I hold the QR code up to it..
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Amr1043404
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah still doesn’t work
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried performing a factory reset? I have provided the article here: How do I reset my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell?

Amr1043404
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes it just flashes white but it has been flashing white for weeks now
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried all the onboarding steps here? Flashing white. The doorbell was pressed and is discovering a WiFi network, SmartHub, or bases station. If your doorbell fails to discover a WiFi network My Arlo Essential Video Doorbell wasn't found during setup; what do I do?

Amr1043404
Aspirant
Aspirant
The camera was stuck in discovery mode. None of the trouble shooting steps worked. I finally just went to the breaker and shut down the power to the doorbell. Once that happened I was able to set it up without any issues.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update 

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation