Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 50 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation
sdmcgeown
Star
Star

Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning to discover that all my Arlo devices (3 cameras and a doorbell) were missing from my mobile app dashboard and no footage had been recorded overnight.

I think there must have been a firmware update that caused this as I certainly hadn't done anything on my side.

The three cameras that had been disabled were easy to re-enable: I toggled each one to ON in their respective device settings page.

However, the doorbell cannot be re-enabled in the same way - there is no toggle button at all on its device setting page. So it seems to be effectively permanently disabled and I have no way to change it!!

I am attaching some screenshots of the app to show the message about the doorbell and the absence of any toggle with which to correct it.

FWIW, I powered off the Arlo base station and the doorbell itself and nothing changed - still not working.

If anyone has encountered this and overcome it, please let me know how you did it!

Thanks!

StephenIMG_2762.jpegIMG_2761.jpegIMG_2759.jpeg

50 REPLIES 50
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Here is a link on how to reset the doorbell. 

How do I reset my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell?

If that does not work remove the doorbell from the account and re-add it.

Scouseyb123
Aspirant
Aspirant

that doesn’t work. Sometimes i think you don’t even know your own products.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for letting us know about the behavior you are experiencing. I have sent this information over to our team, who will be looking into this. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are looking into the behavior you are experiencing. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for bringing to our attention the Arlo Doorbell becoming disabled. We are currently looking into this and will provide an update as soon as possible.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you using Smart Things?

Luv4sams
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue and it's been going for a month.  Brand new arlo pro 4 cameras and only 1 toggles itself off then disables the front doorbell.  This happens only when it's on a schedule at night.  I tried doing a schedule during the day and late afternoon - no issues - once it hits after 8:00 pm on a schedule it toggles itself off.  What good is that and arlo support is a joke.  I've had this issue open for a month.

AS89
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve been following this for a month or so, but there have been no recent responses. 

I too am having this exact issue and I’ve tried resetting the doorbell and it works until the next day. Is there any update or resolution from Arlo? Currently my doorbell is useless. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you see within Smartthings a doorbell on or off setting. If you toggle that on, does it let the doorbell be used?

Indy1322
Aspirant
Aspirant

SmartThings toggle was my issue!  I had the same message in the Arlo app.  When I went to SmartThings, the toggle was on.  I toggled it off and on again and it started working.  Thanks!

McVeety
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just spent HOURS removing, re-adding, removing, resetting, removing, re-adding....

EVERY SINGLE TIME the doorbell disables itself and I am left with a useless door hanging.

I suggest EVERYONE switch to a working solution - I am burning all of my arlo gear and going with Ring. This manufacturer is absolute garbage. I have been dealing with this for months. I'm done. Arlo.... you broke my heart and have wasted my time & money for the last time.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@McVeety are you having the same issue with Smartthings? It can be toggled on within the Smnartthing application if so then you will be able to use it again. If not what are you seeing that you are needing help with?

Four2pool
Aspirant
Aspirant
If I have to rest the doorbell and then go an re-add it to the app EVERY time I lose power. THAT is a NON-STARTER. It seems I am stuck playing with the doorbell once month! Fix the issue.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Four2pool  can you explain a little more the behavior you are seeing with the doorbell?

Four2pool
Aspirant
Aspirant
It dawned on me that the only indication that the doorbell is not functioning properly is that the indoor chime stops. My phone still goes off when someone rings the door bell. I usually ignore my phone when I am home becuase I am sitting 20 feet from the door. When away, it will not let me answer the call on my phone. So, I go into the ARLO app and it states the device is disabled. My SmartThings App also picks up the fact that I have a wireless doorbell. It hangs when you select the event, I would guess because the doorbell is disabled. Yep - disabled but sort-of works...... I was going to call customer support this morning when I get done working.......
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you enabled the doorbell within the Smartthings app. Instead of re-onboarding the doorbell to the Arlo app?

Four2pool
Aspirant
Aspirant
AMAZING!!!!!! Thank you. I never thought to do that. It WORKS! I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with support. They are elevating the issue. But through the SmartThings app I just turned the camera on. THANK YOU! That is a pretty easy fix.
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You are very welcome! Have a great rest of your day. 

Atlans
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue. My doorbell isn’t recording anything and when I go to the page to “turn on device,” that option isn’t there. I don’t even know how to turn this thing off and on. It wired in. 

Four2pool
Aspirant
Aspirant

What I found by accident is that the doorbell will show up in the "SmartThings" phone app. That app will allow you to turn the camera on/off. 

I hope this helps.

sdmcgeown
Star
Star

Hi @Atlans , do you have SmartThings as part of your home setup? It seems there could be an issue when SmartThings and Arlo are working together that can lead to this (see previous responses above).

I am the person who originally posted the problem and I do have both SmartThings and Arlo, but I 'fixed' it by doing a complete reset and re-adding the doorbell (physically disconnecting and re-connecting it to the power source, then going through the setup wizard in the Arlo app, etc.). I didn't get a chance to try re-enabling the doorbell in the SmartThings app, which may also have fixed the issue as others report.

Atlans
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t have the smart things installed in my phone. I’m just using the arlo app.

I will try uninstalling and reinstalling.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Atlans have you been able to use your doorbell now or is it still saying it is off?

Four2pool
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for asking. The front door bell works just fine. I was able to turn the doorbell on via the smart things app. I believe that I can also turn it on via the Alexa App. 

Pyros2080
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same for me, all 5 of my cameras just got that notification. I was able to toggle the others back on but the doorbell doesn't have that option. 

I'm not impressed by anything Arlo. The connectivity is terrible, issues are plenty. I tell anyone who asks not to get Arlo and I've left bad reviews everywhere I can. Next step is BBB. 

ABANDON ARLO, they are terrible devices, terrible support, terrible company. 

Discussion stats
  • 50 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 13 In Conversation