Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

• StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

205 REPLIES 205
arlo-xinding
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your help. However, it does it give me an option to recover through email.

arlo-xinding
Aspirant
Aspirant

typo in my last post, does it => does not.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@arlo-xinding wrote:

Thanks for your help. However, it does not it give me an option to recover through email.

After the push notification times out, you should see an option to try another verification method.  Email should be on that list.

arlo-xinding
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked now.  I did not realize I have to click on the email address. It would be better if the developer adds  check boxes to the left of the options to make it easy to follow.

Thank you very much!

SteffnW
Aspirant
Aspirant

This solution did not work for me. I’ve closed & re-opened the app multiple times: the app still refuses to trust my new iPhone.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are we still experiencing this issue?