Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

• StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

205 REPLIES 205
tammielouise
Star
Star

I got through by using the Don't Trust icon... this is the email to tech... AskArlo@Arlo.com see if they can help you out from there. I know they are working on the issue because they have been in contact with me asking questions and such. 

ArloWastedTime
Initiate
Initiate

I couldn't verify my new iPhone 13 Pro.  Pretty much the same problem as everyone else.  2 factor authentication, but still not verifying.  I used the same "do not trust this device" and it worked.  More wasted time with Arlo not working properly.  I wasted a good hour and 1/2 trouble shooting this and also was unable to monitor an area when needed last night. I'm almost done with Arlo and may send back my camera.  Using "don't trust this device" to "trust it" and gain access is NOT a confidence builder in Arlo security.  This added to many hours wasted getting my camera to connect to my network and now more time wasted verifying my new phone has me close to not using Arlo products anymore.  

Normnlori
Guide
Guide
Hit the Don’t Trust button and you should be back on track
Normnlori
Guide
Guide
Select Don’t Trust.
Normnlori
Guide
Guide
Select Don’t Trust
Wambo333
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just switched to an iPhone 13 pro and I’ve tried to log into the Arlo app and it will not trust my device. Looks like this is a known issue by now…what is the fix?
Wambo333
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes…but I’ve also deleted the Arlo app and removed my device from trusted devices and still having the same problem…won’t trust my iPhone 13 pro
tammielouise
Star
Star

I dunno. When I press the "do not trust" icon all my stuff loads up. 

Frank-B
Aspirant
Aspirant

Model AVD1001B.  I just downloaded the app on my iPhone and am trying to set this up, but when it asks for "Add trusted device?" I hit "trust," and it says "There was a problem trusting this device.  Try again."  I have tried numerous times.  I deleted the app and tried to log in using the push notifications or SMS and the same message.  I'm beyond frustrated and don't know how to set this up so I can use it.  HELP!  PLEASE.  Thank you.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Frank-B wrote:

I just downloaded the app on my iPhone and am trying to set this up, but when it asks for "Add trusted device?" I hit "trust," and it says "There was a problem trusting this device.  Try again."  

Known bug that Arlo is still investigating.  Just choose "don't trust" for now.

Kafele8
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having the same problem adding my second mobile device. @Arlo please make this a priority and provide us with some advice? This could be a deal breaker.
Moetweg
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pressed Trust Device first and when I go the error message I pressed the Do Not Trust button. That seems to let me through and now I'm connected.

TomFoley66
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good morning James,

do you have any update on this issue.  its driving me mad not being able to access from my mobile. this is possibly the biggest reason for having the system.

kind regards Tom

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Was having trouble with the app not getting push notifications and was forced to use alternate 2 factor auth methods (SMS). Tried removing and re-adding the app but now it won't let me trust my phone. Every time I try to trust my device it just spins for a bit then says "There was a problem trusting this device. Try again." So now the app only works if I get an SMS code...

SAC24
Aspirant
Aspirant

What happens if I choose "don't Trust?" Will I be locked out? Can I access my cameras?

Milner
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem but don't see the ability to proceed by not trusting the device can you advise how you got around this?  I am trying to log on with my iphone 13 and get the red error when trying to say trusted device.

slash128
Luminary
Luminary

Contacted support by chat and this is what they told me:

"I just want to let you know that we are currently investigating an issue with trusting iOS devices with the newer app version. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you."

smartinsit
Guide
Guide
Same problem here. I do not pay for phone support, so I am stuck without access to my security cameras. My home security trusts Arlo but the service is failing on me
smartinsit
Guide
Guide
Same problem here. I do not pay for phone support, so I am stuck without access to my security cameras. My home security trusts Arlo but the service is failing on me
smartinsit
Guide
Guide
@Dannybear, please, give us a break! I do not think we are having problems understanding the 2WA, the server is failing to trust our device, no response from Arlo, the robot support is horrible. In the meanwhile our security system is down.
smartinsit
Guide
Guide
George_2
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue on my new iPhone 13. When I click trust, I get the red message and am unable to proceed. When I click don't trust, I am also unable to proceed. This is basically unusable right now and I cannot access the system. Is there any way I can get this to work?

smartinsit
Guide
Guide
I think everybody that can return their device should do it. I guess it is the only way for them to give us the right attention.
George_2
Initiate
Initiate

Like the many others before me, I have been clicking "Don't trust" on my new iPhone 13 to get into the app. However, today, when I click "Don't trust", the app times out and now I can't even access anything. If I can't access the app, then this whole system is basically useless. Your assistance is urgently needed.

smartinsit
Guide
Guide