Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Add trusted device issue

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

• StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

205 REPLIES 205
Ianlighting_1
Aspirant
Aspirant

For 8pm o. I have same issue. I’m on iPhone 7 which I have just started as a replacement for a previous iPhone 7 that broke. It’s on latest software. I restored it using the iPhone to iPhone sync rather than iCloud or iTunes.
Work around of selecting Don’t trust seems to work so far.

jamesa4
Aspirant
Aspirant

purchased new phone and no longer have access to old one, I've changed verification to get access to Arlo but when i try to grant access it tells me (device not trusted, try again) please advise...

R_Leaux99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar issue here - iPhone XR, iOS 15.4.1, Arlo Secure app version 3.6.5 (3415).

Everything had been working fine until about three days ago, when I noticed that when trying to log into the My Arlo web portal, I was no longer receiving trusted device push notifications in the mobile app. I still got (and continue to receive) push notifications for motion alerts, but the two-step verification notifications never arrive.

I tried removing my phone as a two-step verification method and then adding it back, but now the "Add Trusted Device" step fails with a "There was a problem trusting this device. Try again" error.

SteveWA
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using 3.6.6 on iPhone 13 Pro.

"There is a problem trusing this device"

krillezzz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,

Trying to setup my account but Arlo app wont trust my device. Tried delete the app and reinstall, but same problem. It just say an error occurred, try again.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jamesa4 wrote:

purchased new phone and no longer have access to old one, I've changed verification to get access to Arlo but when i try to grant access it tells me (device not trusted, try again) please advise...

It's an issue Arlo is investigating.  For now just choose "Don't Trust".

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@krillezzz wrote:
Hi,

Trying to setup my account but Arlo app wont trust my device. Tried delete the app and reinstall, but same problem. It just say an error occurred, try again.

Known issue that Arlo is investigating.  For now, choose "don't trust".

lillyb
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just switched from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone 13 and I am having this same exact issue. I keep getting an error even after verifying the two step process with both text and email.

calsnowbrewco
Aspirant
Aspirant

having trouble linking with new iphone as a trusted device

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@calsnowbrewco wrote:

having trouble linking with new iphone as a trusted device

That's an issue Arlo is investigating.  Just select "Don't trust" for now.

SPDP
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same problem...except that I bought both the 4-pack from Costco and a 3-pack from BestBuy, so more to return if I can't get past step #1 of the setup.  Thank goodness I haven't mounted anything yet!

How do I open a support ticket?  Tried chat and it told me I was not eligible for support.  If I can't set it up, I'm definitely not going to keep it!

Duke-Mel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im trying to follow the setup instructions for the Arlo app on my iphone. When I say 'trust' this device it says ' cannot trust'

HELP

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Duke-Mel wrote:

Im trying to follow the setup instructions for the Arlo app on my iphone. When I say 'trust' this device it says ' cannot trust'

HELP

It's a recent issue that Arlo is investigating.  For now, just choose "Don't trust".

Amcoffey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Don’t trust worked for me too. Thanks for the tip!
Ashley1234
Initiate
Initiate
I got a new phone and am not able to get past the trust screen. when I click on 'trust', red message appears on top stating that it's unable to trust this device. Try again. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled app and still no luck. Your assistance is appreciated. Thank you.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ashley1234 wrote:
I got a new phone and am not able to get past the trust screen. when I click on 'trust', red message appears on top stating that it's unable to trust this device. Try again. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled app and still no luck. Your assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

It's a recent bug that Arlo is investigating.  For now, just choose "don't trust".

gnewburgh
Initiate
Initiate
JC19751980
Initiate
Initiate

Hello everyone,

When I go and try to add new iPhone to my account as trusted device, I keep getting "There was a problem trusting this device Try again. "  Error  (I just got the new phone 2 days ago)

I have the two step verification and have SMS set up as well as email and i have my old phone in the drawer (but it doesnt help). I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without any success.

Any info or help will be greatly appreciated.

JC

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JC19751980 wrote:

When I go and try to add new iPhone to my account as trusted device, I keep getting "There was a problem trusting this device Try again. "  Error  (I just got the new phone 2 days ago)

This is a recent issue that Arlo is investigating.  For not, just choose "Don't Trust".

Duke-Mel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much

Do you know why the camera would have a blue solid light I assume this is fully charged?  However when I get it connected to the app the app says its got no charge and turn's on for a few minutes and then turns off and says its offline?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Duke-Mel wrote:

However when I get it connected to the app the app says its got no charge and turns on for a few minutes and then turns off and says its offline?

Is it also showing offline on a PC (browse to my.arlo.com)?

Did you charge the camera before you on-boarded it?

if yes, I'd try charging it again, and look at the battery status in the app to confirm it is fully charged.

ABG-NL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amazing, had same issue and indeed “don’t trust” worked to finish set-up as trusted device, too funny

Shane_D
Aspirant
Aspirant
Nothing works for me either
garcia_juanluis
Aspirant
Aspirant

Has this been resolved by any chance? I've been seeing the same issue and can't get thru no matter what.

lillyb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, click don’t trust device.