Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

thal_gr
Initiate
Initiate

When I try to add new iPhone as trusted device, I keep getting "Oops! An error occurred."

I have the two step verification and have SMS as the primary step. I’ve tried several times to add my new iPhone as trusted device and I keep getting the same error message…. I’ve uninstalled the app and reinstalled without success.

Best answers
  • JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

The Arlo development team is continuing to investigate these reports. We appreciate your patience while we work to isolate and resolve this issue. I will provide more information as soon as it becomes available.

JamesC

• JamesC
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

I've escalated this topic, we're currently reviewing reports of this issue and will provide an update once we know more.

JamesC

• StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

Lots of folks having this issue at the moment. The work-around is simple - choose "don't trust" for now.

205 REPLIES 205
tammielouise
Star
Star

Click on "do not trust" it got me through

tammielouise
Star
Star

Click "do not trust" got me through

tammielouise
Star
Star

Clicked on "do not trust" it got me through

tammielouise
Star
Star

use "do not trust" icon... got me through

tammielouise
Star
Star

click "do not trust" icon... got me through

ThinkFlight
Guide
Guide

Yeah, clicking on "do not trust" got me to the main menus as I stated in my reply - however I'm still not receiving all the notifications and if anyone else in my family opens the app, it closes this one making me to log in again on my app and go through the whole "trusted/not trusted" issue again.  Got a hold of a CS rep today - they confirmed this is an issue and has been for several days, yet its not showing up on their own STATUS page as an issue...  Further he said this will happen (the being booted out and having to log in again and go through the process and finally hit "do not trust") due to the device not being trusted as part of the 2 factor authentication (2fa).

My doorbell cam needed to be reset, and resynced to get it to work again.

I'm taking back all the Arlo devices to Costco today.  I'm not dealing with this any longer.  I am very unimpressed with Arlo's customer service, responses and the fact that they have known outage that's NOT listed on their own service status page... what a joke.... Switching Eufy.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this issue occurring with a new phone that you configured with information from a previous iPhone via your iCloud?

ThinkFlight
Guide
Guide
New phone(s) iPhone 11 and 11pro’s and 3 different iPads… each device I’ve tried had never previously had the Arlo app installed as these cameras and doorbells are all new.

However I’m returning all the Arlo stuff - the doorbell failed today when someone came up and pressed it - didn’t ring and no video - logged into it again and it was locked up - a second time… I’m simply done with Arlo.
tammielouise
Star
Star

Yes, mine was a new iPHone loaded from my old phone with the cloud

davidgoodes
Aspirant
Aspirant
have an Arlo pro 3 , I can’t connect my new phone iPhone 11 pro as a trusted device
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@davidgoodes wrote:
have an Arlo pro 3 , I can’t connect my new phone iPhone 11 pro as a trusted device

Yes, that is an issue at the moment (Arlo is investigating).  For now, you just have to log in as untrusted.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What version of the Arlo app are you using when you experience this issue? The latest is 3.6.6.

Thanks!

tammielouise
Star
Star

Where do I find this information at?

tammielouise
Star
Star

Sorry I found it. I do have the 3.6.6 Version

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tammielouise Thanks!

MacAttk90
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

I recently upgraded my iPhone XS Max to a iPhone 13 Pro Max and every time I try to trust the device it gives me the error message "There was a problem trusting this device, try again". I have uninstalled the app multiple times, I have completely deleted it off of my old phone and logged out before I remove it too. For some reason it does not allow my new iphone to be trusted. I did go into my settings on my old phone and deleted the phone out of 2FA and only left my email and phone number listed. I get the push notifications, but never trusts the new device. Anybody have a fix yet???

Tracam
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an iPhone 6plus it won’t trust mine either. Can get to app through do not trust why?
Tracam
Aspirant
Aspirant
But why it’s strange.. acknowledging the phone in every way otherwise 🤷‍♀️
madirishman
Initiate
Initiate

i can log in, but when i get my 2 factor code, and enter it, the "wheel" spins for about 60 seconds and the trust device screen tells me "there was a problem trusting this device, try again"

I have deleted the app and re downloaded it w same issue. 

Its a new iphone and i have even tried to edit trusted devices from my laptop and entered my iphone number and can receive 2 factor codes on the phone but it wont add it to my list of trusted devices

GregKosh
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with adding my iPad or iPhone 12 Pro as a trusted device. Yes, if I click “Do Not Trust”, I can get in.  But then I have to do two-factor authentication every time. Since my wife has the registration for the account, I have to coordinate getting her authentication code if I want to log in to troubleshoot our account. Arlo, can you fix this problem? You clearly are losing the confidence of your clients. 

IzzyKap
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've stumbled on a solution. By clicking on "Don't Trust" instead of "Trust", I was able to establish contact between my iPhone and Arlo 4 Pro. Go figure! It doesn't make any sense, but it worked.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Arlo is investigating - for now, just choose "don't trust"

cora74
Aspirant
Aspirant

I couldn't add iphone 13 pro as a trusted device either.  I read in forum someone hit don't trust and it added.  I did the same thing after many attempts and poof I connected.  It was very frustrating.  Arlo better fix whatever is wrong.

Zamudiocy4
Tutor
Tutor
Agreed! They need to fix it.
Greg_A
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you!  this actually works...