Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Old-dirty
Star
Star
I’m charging the battery for my video doorbell wire free. It was on charge for about 4 hours but the led on the battery still showed as solid red. I put it in the doorbell to check in the app what the % was, and it had done down! I took it back out and tried it with a different cable. After 20 minutes I put the camera in and it showed 99%.

However I thought I’d take the battery out and get it up to 100%, but an hour later and the led is still solid red.

Seems like the battery itself is not recognising when it’s charged. Or maybe is refusing to get to 100%.

I’m using an official Arlo cable (not sure if it’s the one that came with the doorbell or not, they all look the same)

Anyone seen this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Old-dirty
Star
Star

Just to update, the doorbell did finally charge. It took longer than expected.

However, not all usb cables seem to allow the doorbell to show it's actual charge status (hence why I was not seeing higher % after charging for hours). I ended up using the charger that came with my Pro 2 camera.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The doorbell batteries take ~6 hours to charge since they're a much higher capacity than those use in the cameras.

Old-dirty
Star
Star
That would make sense. I’ll give it a little longer then
Old-dirty
Star
Star

Just to update, the doorbell did finally charge. It took longer than expected.

However, not all usb cables seem to allow the doorbell to show it's actual charge status (hence why I was not seeing higher % after charging for hours). I ended up using the charger that came with my Pro 2 camera.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation