Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Wireless Doorbell does not post motion images in the library?

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BATTAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does anyone know why the Wireless Arlo Doorbell does not post motion images in the library?  or it post images, but you can't see them in the library?  I have been on three long Arlo support calls that consumed about 3 hours of my life and no one at any support level can solve the issue.  I just recently went back to Best Buy to return the device and obtain another one.  The second device worked perfectly until I created activity zones ( bad move)...then the camera stopped recording, or showing images in the library  Then I reset the device, deleted and re-installed the camera, etc. Now the video doorbell still does no capture images in the library.  So I tried Live stream and then recorded from live stream and some times the images show up and then not.  so I am thinking the issue could be with Arlo's ability to capture images and display them in the library. Why?  have 8 wireless cameras that work perfectly.  I community assistance would be great as Arlo support is stumped  

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like you don't have a subscription. Check Settings, Subscription for the free trial which may have been erased since you removed and reinstalled the doorbell. Without a sub, you won't get cloud recordings.

BATTAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response; however, i have had an active  subscription for a very long time.  I have 2 wired cameras and 6 wireless that all record.   I have been experimenting with the Doorbell video.  When I increase the sensitivity to 100%, it records everything almost every 2 minutes.  When I decrease the level  to 90%, the recording seems very limited especially when someone comes directly up to my door step. then nothing is recorded.  I also put in an activity zone again...still no recording of the mail person making a delivery, but my camera above my front door of course captures the mail person delivery the mail. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It rather sounds like a hardware problem. If removing and reconnecting the doorbell doesn't help use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for a possible hardware problem.

BATTAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response, but you can see that I took the first doorbell back and replaced with a new doorbell.  Now what I have found is that I have to set the sensitivity to high.  to get recording. Now I am only capturing cats that walk by my door, but the mail person or delivery person is not being recorded.  So motion for animals being recorded but not people.  Hummm so now I trying to figure out why? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check Settings, SMart Notifications and see what is enabled for the doorbell. Perhaps disable all but people. If you really don't need the Smart rich notifications, deactivate the doorbell in the Smart settings. Smart sends the videos to the servers and will discard what it thinks you don't want to see. If Smart is disabled, you get every video, regardless of what triggered it.

BATTAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks I will remove Smart notifications - eventhough it requires at least one smart notification so I selected All other motions to see what happens.  The video doorbell has been a royal pain.  I waited to purchase a battery powered doorbell device - due to having an older home- and now it has been a burden, but I am determined to figure out why?  

BATTAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

to add to this mystery, when I live stream my video doorbell...i 1) take photos 2) record for 20 second.  When I go to my library on the photos show up immediately ...however the recording shows almost a minute later. and of the 20 second recording only 2 seconds are recorded and shown in the library.   Is it possible the issue is with Arlo's servers?   

BATTAB
Aspirant
Aspirant

Forgot to add that yes...my wireless cameras record in live stream for 20 sec and the libary immediately shows 20 seconds of recording.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation