Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
acidhorse
Star
Star

I don't understand why Arlo does not integrate their wireless doorbell into the SmartHub.  Having HomeKit is great where I can monitor everything.........except the doorbell.  Make it happen Arlo.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AVD2001 Base Station/SmartHub support is now available with the latest AVD2001 firmware update. Make sure your Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell is using the latest firmware version and you will now be able to sync directly to your Base Station/SmartHub.

Compatible Base Stations/SmartHub models include: VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000

Please note that HomeKit integration is not yet available for AVD2001. Now that Base Station support is available, we plan to add HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

acidhorse,

Base Station/SmartHub support is not available at this time. I will provide an update once we have more information on this topic.

JamesC

Oiseau
Aspirant
Aspirant

I bought the wireless doorbell assuming the same thing.  

It had better do so before this three month trial expires or else I'll return the product.  

abeier
Star
Star

Has anyone received an update about if and when the Arlo Essential Video Doorbell Wire-Free will connect to a SmartHub?

Oiseau
Aspirant
Aspirant
I only bought it two days ago. So sadly, I’ve heard nothing.
acidhorse
Star
Star

Seems a bit strange.  Had they used the same amount of time and effort to force customers to use their cloud services (versus local storage and live stream video capabilities) and into creating a holistic environment for all of their devices, this post would not exist.

47kkin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Arlo Team,

Any update on when is this door going to be able to connect to base station VMB4000? I just purchase this and it wasn't clearly stated that it all not compatible. I would like to know if this is not happening in the near future then I am going to return the product.

Regards

Nick

winz
Tutor
Tutor

I think many of us purchased this assumine it will be compatible with the base station / hub. I surely did. There is nowhere which specifies that the ONLY connection it supports is 2.44GHz wi-fi. My 3 months trial is about to end and I have not even been able to put the doorbell to proper use. Please fix this Arlo!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

AVD2001 Base Station/SmartHub support is now available with the latest AVD2001 firmware update. Make sure your Arlo Essential Wireless Video Doorbell is using the latest firmware version and you will now be able to sync directly to your Base Station/SmartHub.

Compatible Base Stations/SmartHub models include: VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000

Please note that HomeKit integration is not yet available for AVD2001. Now that Base Station support is available, we plan to add HomeKit integration early next year. Stay tuned for updates.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation