Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Before last app update, every once in a while, the Arlo iOS app would report that my base station and cameras were offline, even though everything was up and running. After a few seconds, the app would cycle back to online mode.

After last app update, there is a lot of "Your device is not connected" errors, all the time. And it takes forever for it to cycle back to correct online mode. This is very frustrating when something is going on outside, and you can´t access a live video feed, when everything is connected and up and running.

238 REPLIES 238
RafS
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'd like to also add myself to the "Your devide is not connected" crowd.  Using ios app and it's been happening on and off for the past 2 weeks, maybe longer.  App is up to date and so are all the cameras.   Have 5 Ultra cameras running and all of them are showing as not connected.  I'm actually running ios beta 14 and figured that was the issue but apparently not.  I do have 2 factor authentication on but the app forgot that my phone is on the approved list which caused a whole other set of issues.  This is like amateur hour at Arlo..

Rogch
Guide
Guide

After reading this https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Your-Device-is-Not-Connected-VMB4000/m-p/1789300#M46487  I tried resetting the base station and re-registering as new device.  After doing  that three of the four cameras work but one still have the same problem.   All camera are sending out alerts including the last one.  

At this point I have to conclude something is wrong with the firmware running on the base station that cause hand shake with the mobile phone corrupted.   I don't feel like buying another base station as there is no guarantee that a new one will work.  Considering switch to another vendor.  

Rogch
Guide
Guide

No it doesn't.  Running the latest iOS version (2.19.2) and same problem.  Need fix asap.

Wembo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine seem to be working, at least for now.
Strangely enough, this issue has completely flattened the batteries in my cameras (they were between 80-100% 2 days ago)
Wembo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Oh well, that lasted all of 2 hours and all off line again.
These things are so frustrating
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

When I have issues like this, I just force close the app and reopen it. 99% of the time that fixes the display issue.

RMB2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is anyone with Arlo doing anything about this?

I have three houses and nine cameras.  Three separate base stations.

I am flying blind. Have been for almost a week.

Jay-
Tutor
Tutor
‘Your device is not connected’ error Problem again.
Please fix the issue asap.
Emmalou81
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here, everything in working order, full battery and plenty of reception but the app always throws a not connected error when it is! Has to be a problem with the app. 

Arlonium
Tutor
Tutor
Fixed it by switching to wyze cams. $40 on Amazon with a 2k option coming soon. $1 subscription option and no nickel and Diming me.

I’m out, it’s been real. Real
Annoying.
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice
Two days now without ‘Your device is not connected’ issues.

Still a 20-30 second delay on correct armed/disarmed camera icon in camera view. Mode is shown correctly, and available for change almost immediately.
hoop0040
Star
Star
Still have the issue after updating the software when will this be fixed
Gazzamarine
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue and appears to be a wide spread problem with mobile app as many users reporting same issue.

I am running on iPad and iPhone as is my wife and we both experienced same for about 2 weeks now.

Online portal seems to be OK as is the mobile alerts but all 4 cameras, door bell and chime showing as not connected.

Resolved itself after waiting 5 minutes or so but that's not acceptable given the premium nature of these products.

Note that this fault started about same time as I started getting reminder notifications that my free subscription was due for renewal "just saying"!

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice
jfgarnant
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same error on Arlo Pro, the cameras will usually be “offline”, but they will pick up detection and report notifications. Oddly, when using “force touch” on iOS I can change the modes.
Also, HomeKit works fine, ie: I can see the cameras live. It appears to be the Arlo app.
Knost
Guide
Guide
Same issue as everyone else. The Arlo Swedish support has always been catastrophic and now this issue where the app think my cameras are not connected. 🤐 This has been going on for 2 weeks rendering my cameras useless. Luckily my wife haven’t updated the Arlo app for her iPhone 7 so works for her but not for me on my iPhone 8. Already looking for a new camera system without a subscription service and a working support organization.
Dlo5
Aspirant
Aspirant
How is this taking so long to fix... please fix this
02redcavi
Guide
Guide
Just wanted to say arlo are the worst cameras. I will never be buying anything from Netgear again and encourage others to do the same. Constant glitches and issues and are far from a substitute for a security camera. More than half the time I never even get a alert for a person coming to my front door.
JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine now do is all the time, never did in the past.. why don’t arlo allow the user to update firmware. This system where they push bug ridden updates and screw up your system has to stop.. a piece of dog sh*t is more useful than these things at the moment.

Rogch
Guide
Guide

Does Arlo support read the community board?  This seems to be a wide enough problem that warrants some response.  The problem remains the same and I pay subscription fee for it.   I tried calling support but I can't get anyone to answer.  

TxHr
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem as everyone else. The cameras continue to record and upload video/audio into the cloud. I receive the no internet message every time. Occasionally I’m fortunate that after a minute the message disappears and everything functions as normal, albeit very delayed.

iOS 13.6.1
Arlo 2.19.2 (8/24/20)
tpomes
Aspirant
Aspirant

exact same problem here for last couple of weeks!!!  happens on two different Iphones same camera's, but fine on laptop.

t_welcome
Star
Star
I’m going on about 2-3 weeks now with an almost unusable app. It constantly just says device is offline. Is anyone addressing this? It happened after the last update with I believe was on August 7th. I’m stunned that an emergency patch has not been released. How has this still not been addressed?
dcfox1
Master
Master

@t_welcome They released several updates since the 1.19 update on the 17th. The latest is 2.19.2 for IOS and 2.19.12 on Android.  Some are still reporting the problem though it seems mostly on IOS. 

jjzz23
Guide
Guide
I have been on another thread with many more users having the same issue. Yesterday I tried switching from geofencing to armed mode. It seems to have eliminated the mode delay and not connected issues. If it holds up, then perhaps the bug is isolated in the geofencing mode. I would like to hear from others to see if that takes away the problem for them as well.
(Not saying that is a final fix)