Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to add second phone to SmartHub?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ArloMetal
Initiate
Initiate

I bought the above system with 4 cameras for my work location. Since I already have Arlo  at home I already had the App and I set up the new system on my mobile phone. Now I want to add another user to the work system. Installed the Arlo app on his phone but his phone does not find the Smart Hub.

What to do?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's because you're trying to set up a system that's already set up. Use Settings, Grant Access for the new user.

ArloMetal
Initiate
Initiate

Thank You for the reply. The scenario is that I set this up using my existing Arlo account that my home uses so I could monitor both my home and work system from the same mobile device. I gave him (A very close friend) my password and email and made him a full administrator. The problem with that is he can see my home cameras and that doesn't work for my wife!  I think what I need to do is remove my accouunt from the work system and set up the work system on a new account.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm a bit confused here. First, giving your friend your credentials to log in isn't the best way to allow him to see the cameras. In addition, I don't see how you could make him a "full administrator" since your login is already the administrator. If you mean you used Settings, Grant Access to his email address and granted him the additional permissions, that's the proper way to do this. As for your wife, any person who has been granted access has to have the specific cameras added to their settings n Grant Access. Adding new cameras doesn't automatically add them to any person's access - you have to manually add them.

If everything is working properly for you there's no need to do anything other than to check their accounts in Grant Access.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation