Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

"Your device is not connected" error on Arlo iOS app

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Before last app update, every once in a while, the Arlo iOS app would report that my base station and cameras were offline, even though everything was up and running. After a few seconds, the app would cycle back to online mode.

After last app update, there is a lot of "Your device is not connected" errors, all the time. And it takes forever for it to cycle back to correct online mode. This is very frustrating when something is going on outside, and you can´t access a live video feed, when everything is connected and up and running.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be fixed on the the latest version of the Arlo iOS app, which is 2.21. Make sure to update to the latest version if you haven't done so already. You can read more about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.21 - 16th October 2020

If you're still experiencing this issue, please let us know by starting a new thread here on the community with full details.

View solution in original post

238 REPLIES 238
steamyb
Guide
Guide

I'm getting this too so much for an updated app to resolve the bugs.

IF you use an sd card to record to do the recordings show in the library? Mine don't!

This has just introduced even more bugs and now I can't even roll back to just a semi usable state.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I have no problem accessing the recordings on the SD card.

jbeno
Initiate
Initiate
We’re seeing this too. I’ve rebooted the base station. App still shows “Your device is not connected” for all 10 of my cameras. Then after a 20-30 seconds some of them show the video thumbnail. Then it flashes back to the not connected error. This goes on and on. Can’t watch any live video, but the recordings show up. This just started happening this week. What changed?
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Noticing something else today. Problems with recurring display of error message "Your device is not connected" continues.

But after a few seconds I am able to edit Mode settings (arm/disarm), even though all cameras still continue to show "Your device is not connected" message for 25-30 seconds after this.

Jamie_1862
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here. "Your device is not connected" message appearing for all my cameras as soon as I updated the Arlo app to V2.19 (iOS)

timgrimm
Aspirant
Aspirant
Likewise. I upgraded from pro 2 to pro 3 about a week ago. Every day I find all my camera live views to “your device is not connected” with the base station light being blue. Occasionally will get a motion alert but cannot view the live feed. Second time in a three day span.

Never really had this issue with pro 2. Occasionally a single camera down. This is worrisome.
hoop0040
Star
Star
Getting the your device is not connected error on my cameras for the past several days. Have tried rebooting and power cycling my base station and all three lights are green. Seems to be sporadically online then offline does anyone have any advice?
Materhead66
Tutor
Tutor

No, but I am having the exact same issue and it just started a few days ago.  They will stay connected and detect motion and then all of a sudden not connected error.  Or, when I try to go to Live View it never connects.  Reboot and sometimes it works for awhile.  Have deleted and reinstalled app several times.

was there a recent software or firmware upgrade?

hoop0040
Star
Star
Yep same exact issue, years without any issues so hopefully this can be addressed
JeffS42
Star
Star

I'm seeing a bunch of problems with 2.19:

- Cannot save notification settings for Geofencing

- When I load the app, a bunch of the time it shows that the cameras are disconnected even though they aren't.  Then it eventually starts working.

JeffS42
Star
Star

Me too.

I reported an issue to the Arlo team; they gave me a case ID, but haven't heard anything back.

02redcavi
Guide
Guide
Same problem, assuming arlo snuck in a crappy upgrade like usual. 3 months of May be fixed......
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
@ShayneS

I am experiencing the same issue mentioned here related to the most recent app update as well.

Thanks.

Unbreakable1
Initiate
Initiate

I have recently had an issue with my arlo pro camera system. Whenever I open the  app on my phone, all or most of my cameras show not connected and to check my router. After about 15-20 seconds they all end up coming back and showing the views and allow me to access them. This is a new issue and I have tried resetting the base station and unplugging the internet connection and reconnecting it. Is this a bug or glitch that anyone else is experiencing? The alerts still come through just sometimes don't show connected for an extended period of time.

Jay-
Tutor
Tutor
Same as well. "Your device is not connected" error is appearing for all my cameras after I updated Apple phone ios 13.6.1.
Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary
I can confirm that it was the arlo app update that is the issue. I had no issues for over a week with iOS 13.6.1, it was after installing arlo app version 2.19 that I started having issues.

Everything seemed perfect beforehand...
Jay-
Tutor
Tutor
It was Arlo app V2.19, not apple ios 13.6.1. Thank you!
How can I fix this issue?
TxHr
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here. Everything has been working great since it was installed and now I encounter the same message, yet I get alerts of motion, I just can’t get to the camera or recording
Aballen
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera keeps going offline as well and judging by other complaint threads I’ve read you’d be wise to return the system if your in the return window. Ppl are saying they Never hear back from support when tags are crates . I spent an hour on the phone with them and got booted each time. Wasted time with no results. The point of buying security cameras is so that they actually work- my car got broken into again and of course my camera was offline . 1500 bucks on crap with no refund or remedy in sight. Does Arlo care? Of course not ...Looks like I’m screwed...save yourselves!!
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

So a new day with very few "Your device is not connected" messages. Actually none so far today.

But; as stated yesterday, mode (arm/disarm) seems to be available, but it takes 30-60 seconds (+/-) to apply a change to mode, upon entering the app. So if I change mode, I still have to be patient.

Is this whole issue possibly a server side thing?

Materhead66
Tutor
Tutor

I should also include that I have removed the battery and waited 30 seconds on the impacted cameras.  And, have removed and reinstalled those cameras several times.  Sporadically one of these actions will work for a few hours but then they are not able to connect again.

Mjbeuke
Apprentice
Apprentice
This has been happening to me this morning ever since my iPhone updated the Arlo app...

@JamesC can you call this one to the attention of the app developers - the issue is most certainly stemming from there.
Materhead66
Tutor
Tutor
So the saga continues. I decided to try a live chat for help. After running me through everything I had already tried, he asked me to remove the two cameras for the Arlo App. He then asked me to take them right next to the base station. Hit sync on BS for two seconds then camera for two seconds. Got a slow blinking blue then fast blinking blue. Those two cameras came back on line. They appear to be working at the moment.

Now......, one of my other cameras stopped working with the same issue. I conducted the same trial and no luck. Now I get the screenshot I attached on that camera and have never seen this message before: won’t go live and won’t record motion.

Not a happy customer. Three years and no issues.......... now this.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

In the meantime, could you please answer the following question below?

• Are you experiencing this issue on an the Arlo iOS app, Arlo Android app, and/or the web client on your computer?
  • What phone device and iOS/Android OS version are you running?
  • What version of the Arlo app are you running?
  • What phone device are you using if you're experiencing this on the Arlo app?
  • What web browser and computer are you using if you're experiencing this on the web client on your computer?