Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

Before last app update, every once in a while, the Arlo iOS app would report that my base station and cameras were offline, even though everything was up and running. After a few seconds, the app would cycle back to online mode.

After last app update, there is a lot of "Your device is not connected" errors, all the time. And it takes forever for it to cycle back to correct online mode. This is very frustrating when something is going on outside, and you can´t access a live video feed, when everything is connected and up and running.

238 REPLIES 238
yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice
steamyb
Guide
Guide

Jessica

Myself

IOS app not functioning correctly. Firefox appears to be working OK

Iphone XR OS 13.6.1 and Ipad Pro 13.5.1

Aelo app version 2.19

Experienced on both devices

Firefox 79.0 on macbook pro. OS 10.14.6

telly0
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the problem as well. Started yesterday (8/20/2020) accessing via web browser. My system has 2 Ultra cameras which now show device not connected and 3 older Pro 2 cameras which are working fine. Previously, one of my Ultra cameras would stop recording & live streaming, but restarting the base station would resolve the issue, but a restart no longer helps.

Jay-
Tutor
Tutor
PreferAnonymous
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm using Arlo app on iOS 13.6.   Indicates "connecting" ...  takes 1 - 6 minutes to connect, then loses connection.

Also, instead of camera view of video feed, I get what looks like window venetian blinds almost all the time.  Can someone help me?  I'm using the Arlo updated iOS app.  If I can't resolve this, I will return the camera.

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

The day started out fine, with no errors. This afternoon things are going downhill. Fast.

Now it´s the second time the Arlo iOS app has shown ´Your device is not connected´ for much longer. First it was gone for 30+ minutes, now it´s been out for 10+ minutes.

If I log on to MyArlo via my Win 10 computer, I get access.

The biggest problem is that my iPhone is my primary device in my Arlo Setup. I don´t bring along my stationary computer to check Arlo when I´m out of my house.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For iOS users experiencing this issue, please force close and relaunch the Arlo mobile app. The development team is working on a permanent solution for this issue, we will provide an update once that solution is available.

JeffS42
Star
Star

Thank you; do you have an ETA on this?

Phatle2383
Aspirant
Aspirant
I started having this problem 2 days ago. I get the error message on app. If I use my computer browser the cameras are functioning. I still get motion alerts which I can access through the library but I can’t look at the live stream through the “my devices tab”. I have tried everything resyncing, resetting the hub, connecting cameras to different hubs and nothing is working. I have spent 2 hours on the phone with arlo support and they were not helpful. My case is being sent to some department. I was told it would take 48 hours for a reply. Very frustrating!!!!
Firman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem after installing latest update 2.19.  iPhone 11 pro  -   iOS 13.6.

App is virtually unusable on the iPhone.   Takes random times up to 10 minutes before the  "Your Device is not connected" message leaves the camera windows and the cameras can be accessed.  Have been using Arlo cameras for a few years now and have had few problems during this time.  

Can access the cameras via a Mac desktop computer as  an alternative but this only useful if I am at home.

Appears there are some serious bugs in this latest App revision .  Perhaps Arlo should give consideration  to rolling it back until they figure out what has been broken.

02redcavi
Guide
Guide
Thats awesome, thank you. As a suggestion for the app can I suggest a notification for when the base station goes offline? I have had my router mess up and not even know my cameras weren’t working before so it would be a nice feature.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

Others (https://www.reddit.com/r/arlo/comments/iegv3h/this_started_happening_daily_it_takes_about_30/) and I are having this "Your device is not connected -- Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connnection." and other problems. I see it a lot in my old iPhone 6+'s iOS app. I even uninstalled, redownloaded, and reinstalled the app but still saw the issues. Internet, base stations, cameras (still dected and record), etc. were fine. 😞

What's up? Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

HansandWilma
Initiate
Initiate
On my Iphone (iOS 13.6.1) I get the message “your device is not connected”
and “base station offline” but on my IPad it works perfectly.
iPhone is connected with the WiFi and reinstalled the app, with no result. Has anyone this problem solved?
Ponchamni2020
Initiate
Initiate
I have a mix or Arlo and Arlo Pro 2 cameras and a mix of base station generations. In total I have almost 20 cameras and this is a very big inconvenience. I see this issue on the latest Arlo app 2.19 and I also have seen it between IOS APP versions. Issue is also experienced on website from surface laptop with win10. Can’t even bring up cameras page saying page does not exist. Otherwise the issues described by many others I have seen as well. I have also seen a box appear in my app saying “3 month trial active” on and off. Not sure why.
RickWNich
Apprentice
Apprentice

With every miss-managed software version upgrade you continue to affect your customers safety & confidence in your product! Now with version 2.19 as of August 8, 2020, this is our message... “Your Device is Not connected”. How can your Development team NOT beta test software BEFORE its released? So how long do we have to wait this month before it’s fixed?!
1. via the web It’s fine.

2. via IPad it’s fine.

3. Via IPhone it’s This ERROR message “Your Device is Not connected”!

yngveeide
Apprentice
Apprentice

There's a review of Arlo Pro 3 today on Norwegian tech site, tek.no: https://www.tek.no/test/i/y3Qb62/arlo-pro-3-er-god-men-ogsa-skikkelig-frustrerende

It adresses the errors of the last days, with a sudden change in app language and notifications to German, and the current problem with unstable connections to cameras. Both issues cause the journalist to give a lower score in overall.

I have been an Arlo customer since 2015, first with the original Arlo cams, then moving on and upgrading to Arlo Pro 2. Now I'm in the process of upgrading my remaining Pro 2 cams to Ultra. I have experienced a few glitches in the matrix along the way, two defect cameras (replaced on the spot by shop), and a firmware update that causes on of my cams to go on software vacation.

But nothing like the situation now, so I am hoping for a rather quick solution to this issue, otherwise I will have to seriously consider not upgrading my last Pro 2 cams to Ultra, and looking at other options.

Hoping I'm not ending up there, because Arlo system and cams, are fantastic at what they do most of the time.

tesram
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue; it started immediately after the last Arlo update (a few days ago) and is persistent.  I have restarted the base station, router, and uninstalled and reinstalled the Arlo app on my iphone 6 with no good results.  The only thing I can add to what has been reported is that the only phone/tablet device that is used with my Arlo system that is affected is my iphone 6.  My win10 view is not affected, my (very old) ipad mini view is not affected, my wife's iphone XR is not affected, and my wife's (older) ipad view is not affected.  All 4 Apple instruments were updated to their respective current operating system versions prior to this problem and they still are current.

Rusty617
Guide
Guide
Same issue for me, really quite annoying.

To add to it, despite stating “your device is not connected” on my iPhone (11 pro max) the cameras still record and alert motion AND work just fine on my iPad when the two devices are side by side, so they are in fact connected but the iPhone app has trouble recognizing that. This needs to be fixed, otherwise these cameras are worthless as you cannot view cameras or change the arm modes when this occurs.
wbtje
Guide
Guide

same issue hier sinds update app last week 2.19 app says cams offline but stil receive notification and when entering on webbrowser everything's ok.

dcfox1
Master
Master

I had the error when i first updated and I forced closed and restarted the app and have not had it  happen much since. Once in while and i would get it then it would  go away after a few seconds. Like a mod posted before Arlo is aware and working on it. 

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Same issue here with 2 of my 11 cameras.  Works fine via the web and they still operate properly, but the iPhone app always shows them as disconnected.

ChrisTaylor
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here. Random "your device is not connected" messages even though the system was working fine until recently and nothing has been changed. As you rightly indicated its yet another poor, untested firmware upgrade.

We are in a wild fire zone in Senoma and about to leave, just when I needed my security cameras. 

And Please Arlo tech, don't ask me to get in touch to resolve the issue, I'm a comms engineer and not stupid - the issue is poor QA/PA and no amount of resetting and cable changing is gonna help. 

ChrisTaylor
Tutor
Tutor

Why are you requesting your user community to debug for you? Before you release any changes to Apps or firmware you should be thoroughly testing and if you need help, releasing a beta for feedback.  What you should not be doing is relaesing changes before you, Arlo, have done your job.

How hard can it be?

ChrisTaylor
Tutor
Tutor

Forcing a close doesn't solve the issue. Just the usual bla bla from you guys at Arlo.

Instead of putting your customers though so much pain, why not revert to an issue of software that works. And don't blame IOS, all my other Apps have somehow managed to continue working fine. This is just down to Arlo incompetence.

tesram
Guide
Guide

The suggested temporary fix of force close and relaunch of Arlo app did not solve this even temporarily for me. Please fix this soon!!!!!!