Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Ammar99
Tutor
Tutor

I bought Arlo Ultra (basestation and two cameras). During installation, updating the fireware for the base and one of the cameras was successful. During the update process of the second camera, the process was not complete. I could not and did not find an option to update the camera's fireware. 

Then the cameras were both on. For no reason, the camera (which fireware update was not successful) keep disconnecting for no reason. It gets back on when I try to restrate the mobile app but then shortly it gets diconnected. No specific action gets it on or off. The message I get is: This Arlo device is offline. Please make sure it is connected to the Internet. Visit support.arlo.com for help. The Camera is connected to the Internet and it works after few attempts to restart the application. 

Can you please let me know how can I fix this and also update the fireware for all cameras manually? 

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try rebooting the hub and remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

Ammar99
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks. I tried this and it worked for a whilte then the problem returned. I will try again but I don't think it will solve it. 

Ammar99
Tutor
Tutor

By "rebooting", you mean the "reset botton" in the hub, correct? 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope, power cycle (pull the plug). The reset button may be needed but is a whole 'nuther ball o' wax.

Ammar99
Tutor
Tutor

Ok. Thanks

JayEss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem.

Disconnects for 20-40+- minutes throughout the day/night

Started last month, following problems that manifested in resets to pacific time (I am in EST)

Probably related, but have already spent too much time on this device

Very frustrating

Seems like another firmware problem as nothing has changed on the house configuration side

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

JayEss,

When you notice this, what is the behavior of the LED on your SmartHub? What does the status of the SmartHub show in the mobile app?

JamesC

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi James. I experience the random disconnects as well (base station going offline by itself).

When I’m home and notice from the app that the base station went offline randomly. I’ve physically looked at the base station a couple times during these occurrences and it’s physically rebooting itself. Then it goes from the blinking amber light to solid blue light eventually.

Thanks!
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation